• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Short run MAGNETS

Tony Rome

I have a Versacamm SP540V, but I read on here enough that it is not recommended to use it to contour cut magnet material (does everyone still agree?)

So, any advice for magnets that need to be contour cut in a quantity less than 25?
They would be approximately 4"x 5" in the shape of a cloud and the other in shape of a heart with an arrow.

I thought about cutting by hand, but I imagine there has to be another alternative?

THANKS!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try finding someone locally with a router and give them the files for cutting only.

petepaz

i have cut/scored .010 & .015 pvc with no problem. also cut oracal 3651 with 5mil floor graphic lam for this i had the pressure up to 300 and then had to hit it with an xacto to cut through but for 5 pieces no big deal. again if the magnetic is .010 i would give it a try for 25 pieces but not with any thing thicker. i have also scored prototype boxes on
24pt paper (lej640 print and xc540 cut)

Cyw

Tony we use a small flatbed Ioline to custom cut spirit-type car magnets
But you could score them on a regular roll fed machine......gotta' be better than trying to do them manually, no?

I tried to attach a picture for you......but I'm not sure how......or if I even can, from this iPad I'm typing on