Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Term Outdoor Floor Graphic (24 hours) - Can I skip the overlaminate?

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Danr2c2, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Danr2c2

Danr2c2 Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Lincoln, CA
    We have a customer requesting a large (2000 sqft) outdoor concrete walkway graphic that will be used for a one-time special event and then immediately removed (24 hours or less). Can I skip the overlaminate or is that too risky? Any product recommendations that will keep material costs as low as possible? Thank you!

2. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
  3. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

You can use our air release vinyl 54"x150' ($140) + laminate 54"x150' ($105) shipping out of S. California. 24 hours no problem. Why use expensive materials for 24 hours.

https://www.premiercolour.com/products/air-release-adhesive-vinyl-54-x-150-gloss
    https://www.premiercolour.com/products/intermediate-laminate-54-x-150

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danr2c2

Danr2c2 Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Lincoln, CA
    Thanks for the recommendations premiercolour, do you happen to have a matte variant in your AR vinyl? The graphic will be a brick walkway so a matte finish made the most sense. If we pair your gloss vinyl with your matte over lam what is the outcome, semi-gloss?

5. Danr2c2

Danr2c2 Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Lincoln, CA
    Thank you but unfortunately that's outside the customer's budget. I'll definitely keep it in mind for future applications though! Thanks again!

6. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    So what happens if someone has an accident on this "budget" vinyl that isn't slip rated?
    Who will be liable?

The price of a lawsuit will outweigh the benefits of using the wrong material for the job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Most likely, even if you have someone sign a waiver, you are the supposed professional here and a professional never let's a customer dictate price or product. Should something go wrong, as just mentioned, you would be brought in first and foremost for supplying the wrong setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Matte lam over gloss will give you a matte finish. You need to put a non slip lamination on it even for 24 hour use.

9. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    I have a short term matte floor laminate that would only be $80 for 54"x150' and my base vinyl would only be $130 for 54"x150', I can ship from one of our 3 branches in California if you are interested.

• Like Like x 1
  11. premiercolour

Semi gloss towards matte side. We can ship it out today to arrive tomorrow since you're in CA. Our daily shipping cut off time is 5:30 pm. When you order from any other vendor, make sure they would ship it today. ; )

Francis

12. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    You should also make sure that the vendor you buy from isnt a competitor also. FYI, this company sells signage and materials under different company names https://ocposter.com/products/vinyl-banner-13oz is the same company trying to sell you media.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. premiercolour

Good guess. It actually owned by a different owner. You'd need to get your information more correctly before putting it out there. And what it is has to do with selling materials? Should I start naming your siblings? ;)

14. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Well it says it in plain site on the webpage:
    Links

15. premiercolour

So I removed the premier colour and the website doesn't own by the same company anymore? what if I put your name on it? It only takes couple seconds. And I'll remove it again. lol

It was made by an ex employee of ours. $0 sale for the past three years.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    It has everything to do with selling against your customers, that's all. I could sell banner stands and prints all day long but instead when people ask me for those items, I simply REFER the business to my clients. I understand your side completely, I just don't agree with it thats all. You personally are a great guy, we just happen to compete against each other in certain areas.

17. BigfishDM

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    That I could understand, lol yeah don't put my name on it. Although, it might help you sell more. lol j/k, I won't give you anymore crap, I like you and think we will be friendly competitors. Have a great New Year and best of luck with everything, sincerely mean that!

18. premiercolour

Sell more? We would sell X100 more. Done Josh. Best to you and the family!

Francis

19. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    I don't understand his side. Is he a supplier to the trade only or does he claim to not do what his website says he does ?? Plain English and understanding the language says.... it all sounds like double-talk. Anyway, rather than ruin this OP's thread any longer, could you explain further in a new thread ?? :thankyou:

20. premiercolour

The shopify for ocposter was paid for 3 years. It is going to end. We put Premier Colour on ocposter for SEO purpose. I might not need SEO services anymore. People ike Gino and Bigfish DM makes my website ranking higher by clicking on the website link. The last person who clicked on the website is maybe 3 months ago. Awesome guys.