• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Short Term Outdoor Floor Graphic (24 hours) - Can I skip the overlaminate?

Danr2c2

We have a customer requesting a large (2000 sqft) outdoor concrete walkway graphic that will be used for a one-time special event and then immediately removed (24 hours or less). Can I skip the overlaminate or is that too risky? Any product recommendations that will keep material costs as low as possible? Thank you!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have a customer requesting a large (2000 sqft) outdoor concrete walkway graphic that will be used for a one-time special event and then immediately removed (24 hours or less). Can I skip the overlaminate or is that too risky? Any product recommendations that will keep material costs as low as possible? Thank you!

You can use our air release vinyl 54"x150' ($140) + laminate 54"x150' ($105) shipping out of S. California. 24 hours no problem. Why use expensive materials for 24 hours.

https://www.premiercolour.com/products/air-release-adhesive-vinyl-54-x-150-gloss
https://www.premiercolour.com/products/intermediate-laminate-54-x-150

Danr2c2

Thanks for the recommendations premiercolour, do you happen to have a matte variant in your AR vinyl? The graphic will be a brick walkway so a matte finish made the most sense. If we pair your gloss vinyl with your matte over lam what is the outcome, semi-gloss?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
So what happens if someone has an accident on this "budget" vinyl that isn't slip rated?
Who will be liable?

The price of a lawsuit will outweigh the benefits of using the wrong material for the job.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most likely, even if you have someone sign a waiver, you are the supposed professional here and a professional never let's a customer dictate price or product. Should something go wrong, as just mentioned, you would be brought in first and foremost for supplying the wrong setup.

Johnny Best

Thanks for the recommendations premiercolour, do you happen to have a matte variant in your AR vinyl? The graphic will be a brick walkway so a matte finish made the most sense. If we pair your gloss vinyl with your matte over lam what is the outcome, semi-gloss?

Matte lam over gloss will give you a matte finish. You need to put a non slip lamination on it even for 24 hour use.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

I have a short term matte floor laminate that would only be $80 for 54"x150' and my base vinyl would only be $130 for 54"x150', I can ship from one of our 3 branches in California if you are interested.

premiercolour

Merchant Member

Semi gloss towards matte side. We can ship it out today to arrive tomorrow since you're in CA. Our daily shipping cut off time is 5:30 pm. When you order from any other vendor, make sure they would ship it today. ; )

Francis

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

You should also make sure that the vendor you buy from isnt a competitor also. FYI, this company sells signage and materials under different company names https://ocposter.com/products/vinyl-banner-13oz is the same company trying to sell you media.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
You should also make sure that the vendor you buy from isnt a competitor also. FYI, this company sells signage and materials under different company names https://ocposter.com/products/vinyl-banner-13oz is the same company trying to sell you media.

Good guess. It actually owned by a different owner. You'd need to get your information more correctly before putting it out there. And what it is has to do with selling materials? Should I start naming your siblings? ;)

premiercolour

Merchant Member
So I removed the premier colour and the website doesn't own by the same company anymore? what if I put your name on it? It only takes couple seconds. And I'll remove it again. lol

It was made by an ex employee of ours. $0 sale for the past three years.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Good guess. It actually owned by a different owner. You'd need to get your information more correctly before putting it out there. And what it is has to do with selling materials? Should I start naming your siblings? ;)

It has everything to do with selling against your customers, that's all. I could sell banner stands and prints all day long but instead when people ask me for those items, I simply REFER the business to my clients. I understand your side completely, I just don't agree with it thats all. You personally are a great guy, we just happen to compete against each other in certain areas.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So I removed the premier colour and the website doesn't own by the same company anymore? what if I put your name on it? It only takes couple seconds. And I'll remove it again. lol

It was made by an ex employee of ours. $0 sale for the past three years.

That I could understand, lol yeah don't put my name on it. Although, it might help you sell more. lol j/k, I won't give you anymore crap, I like you and think we will be friendly competitors. Have a great New Year and best of luck with everything, sincerely mean that!

premiercolour

Merchant Member
That I could understand, lol yeah don't put my name on it. Although, it might help you sell more. lol j/k, I won't give you anymore crap, I like you and think we will be friendly competitors. Have a great New Year and best of luck with everything, sincerely mean that!

Sell more? We would sell X100 more. Done Josh. Best to you and the family!

Francis

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand his side. Is he a supplier to the trade only or does he claim to not do what his website says he does ?? Plain English and understanding the language says.... it all sounds like double-talk. Anyway, rather than ruin this OP's thread any longer, could you explain further in a new thread ?? :thankyou:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I don't understand his side. Is he a supplier to the trade only or does he claim to not do what his website says he does ?? Plain English and understanding the language says.... it all sounds like double-talk. Anyway, rather than ruin this OP's thread any longer, could you explain further in a new thread ?? :thankyou:

The shopify for ocposter was paid for 3 years. It is going to end. We put Premier Colour on ocposter for SEO purpose. I might not need SEO services anymore. People ike Gino and Bigfish DM makes my website ranking higher by clicking on the website link. The last person who clicked on the website is maybe 3 months ago. Awesome guys.