• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should Gino be brought back?

Should Gino be unbanned?

• Yes, he has sign knowledge to share despite the brashness

• No, he no longer can contribute to the community

• I dont care, I ignore all the drama

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BALLPARK

Yes.

If he broke a rule that got a perma ban then that seems odd. He has knowledge that can help others. Not every post from him is negative and I've seen some baiting at time as well from others. It seems there are some love/hate circles here that seem to lead to post getting away from useful content to shots fired at one another.

In the future the coding within forums will know that I would prefer not to have to skim by them to get to the get stuff about signage..lol.

I keep reading about some button to remove post from some members. Perhaps the mods should just assign them to the circle of "don't get along very well" people. Why have the users not done this by themselves. It's hard to find the time to research things on here as is... I would think that when heated chats happen it's also creating a negative impact on their work away from the ol' cpu.

The guy has knowledge and seeking knowledge on gray areas is why I come to this site. I take the verbal wars with a grain of salt as they are just emotions being expressed through a keyboard in a digital world and it's easy to take things the wrong way or out of context. I do wish some could be more professional in the manner they try to help others. But we are all different on the approach... still yet we can all gain from the knowledge of the group!

[HASHTAG]#Drama101[/HASHTAG] not as good as [HASHTAG]#Signs101[/HASHTAG]

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Have you actually got confirmation he’s been banned/banned indefinitely? Would be a shame for them to lose such an active member here.

I’m still relatively new here but if there’s an ability to hide posts from members they don’t want to see. Just do it. I’m sure with 30k posts he’s helped a lot more people than he’s argued with! (I hope)

Yes. I know I have benefited from knowledge shared by Gino. He may be a bit harsh, but generally he just hates stupid people and stupid questions. I never saw something that I would think would get someone banned. Have we even confirmed he got banned. I go days without signing in all the time. Maybe he's on vacation just reading the posts while not logged in. Laughing at everyone being idiots.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Have you actually got confirmation he’s been banned/banned indefinitely? Would be a shame for them to lose such an active member here.

I’m still relatively new here but if there’s an ability to hide posts from members they don’t want to see. Just do it. I’m sure with 30k posts he’s helped a lot more people than he’s argued with! (I hope)

Yes, he has 100% been banned.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe a return is warranted, after all he did win the popular vote*
popular vote.jpg

*Wonder if he knows any Russians

ikarasu

I love how one day half the site is complaining about Gino... then when he gets banned, they complain that he got banned.

I don't think I've ever butted heads with the guy... I've only ever learned from him. He laid into people who asked stupid questions pretty harshly and dished it out when others dished it to him... But I never saw anything get too out of line. Sometimes he may have went a bit too far... but that's usually when people took a comment and decided to start a fight over it.

In the end... everyone loses out because of this. There's fewer and fewer members who know what they're talking about on this site... And a good chunk of knowledge left with him.

Hopefully no matter what happens everyone can see this as an opportunity to learn and stop with the bickering. We're all Adults...By now we should have figured out you catch more bees with honey.

I hope Gino will be back.. And if not, I wish him the best. We didn't talk much, if at all outside of him answering my questions... but I'll always appreciate his input on everything I've asked, and how much he's helped the countless others on this site.

SignosaurusRex

It's one thing to be thrown out of the Asylum ...it's another to be invited back and accept the invitation.
I gotta hand it to Gino for sticking around and continuing to be helpful while so many others have opted to pack up and leave over the past few years. Most of those that dislike him don't know him. Personally, I'd like to see him back.

Bly

He could be pretty annoying at times - at those times I just ignored him.
On the whole he was a very experienced sign man who not only knew how to make signs but how to run a business and deal with clients.
Bring him back.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Good news on the Gino front, now we can get back to the important topics here:
Cupcakes shaped like female genitalia offending SJWs.

Status
Not open for further replies.