• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should I bother with this risky job?

Si Allen

I guess that I never will understand why supposedly professional sign people will bend over and take it up the #%$% for some cheap B%$#@%^$ who is unwilling to spend the proper amount of money!

Walk away!

signage

I guess that I never will understand why supposedly professional sign people will bend over and take it up the #%$% for some cheap B%$#@%^$ who is unwilling to spend the proper amount of money!

Walk away!

No run away from it! This should not have evan been brought up!

Custom_Grafx

This is so easy...

"I can make the sign face, but legally I am not allowed to install it to a questionnable structure which poses as a potential safety hazard in a public space."

End of story.

phototec

Have you ever been sued?

After you finish your work on the sign, and a piece falls off and hurts someone, and they go after your customer, his lawyer will be giving you a call, get ready, you might want to get a lawyer on retainer and be ready for the party... Oh, like others have said, have copies of your professional certifications and permits approved by the city ready to go! :omg:

Later, you can look back and say to yourself, "you know it would have been better, if I would have taken the advice of the folks on Signs 101 and saved all this money I'm giving my lawyer".

:frustrated:

humpsigns

Flex face it and have your general liability insurance payed up.If sign need to be rewired tell him it has to be done before install.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I would pass on just fixing. while you are at it ... price out for a new cabinet for both a plexi lighted sign and a banner stretch frame.

unless of course the profits total in the quad digits just to fix ... at which point ... talk him into a cabinet for the same price and just get it done ... more than likely you aren't getting THAT profit margin ... so pass.

thesignexpert

This is so easy...

"I can make the sign face, but legally I am not allowed to install it to a questionnable structure which poses as a potential safety hazard in a public space."

End of story.

+1

You are showing that you are helpful but at the same time will not engage in unsafe conduct. Stand your ground with this one and walk if your client insists on putting you into such a situation. At the end of the day it's your reputation and possibly your livelihood in the line.

FS-Keith

maybe a few more details on the cabinet? is this single sided or double? if single sided is it a bent alum or does it have a steel or alum frame and skinned? when we run into a pos sign with a decent steel structure and the bent retainers are falling off we just retrofit our own retainers on and slide in the new face.