• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should they honor their price?

Should they honor their price?

• Yes

Votes: 72 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mikew

They should honor the price of course. But my first thought was...did you give them a deposit? That could make backing out of the deal more of a hassle.
If they don't have any of your money tell them good-bye!

jiarby

Just call `em up and say "No Thanks... I heard Fellers was selling them now."

They'll cave in, but do you really want to work with a vendor like that?

paul luszcz

I agree that it's their decision whether to honor it or not and they have apparently already their choice.

I was shopping for the exact plotter at the show and was very tempted by a "show special" that was $1200 less than list price. Until I called my regular dealer and found out his everyday price was $2000 less than list price. Not so special.

PM me if you need more info.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I can’t write what I’d like to write… due to my dealings [rather NO dealings, any longer] with the same company. Suffice it to say, VSS is in no way responsible for honoring the price they verbally gave you at the show, because this seems to be their method of doing business. They have no intention of honoring it unless you cry 'WOLF'. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard this from countless other shops in this area. I don’t even remember how many times they did it to me in one form or another. I will not be party to tearing a new A**hole in this company, but should you want some personal experiences….. PM me. I will not give hearsay instances from the others, but I can give you phone numbers and you can verify for yourself. For years, this seams to be a much used method of deceiving people and hoping you will ‘Cave In’ later.

If I were you, I would look for another company altogether and forget you ever heard of VSS. Do I sound irritated ?? Yes, I’m tired of seeing them get credit for good things and not getting credit for all the wrongful things they do.

Who cares if a crook honors a statement or not ?? They‘re out to get you sooner or later.​

The sad part is….. I heard that same EXACT routine with them personally in 1995 and heard them promise to do it during various other years at the AC show to others. It doesn’t just happen on cutters and printers…. it happens with software and supplies too.

There………rant over. I feel better. Guess I’ll go have an early hot dog and :beer:beer

Last edited:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i only use vss for their sign frames.....the only thing i can think of is to look through any paperwork you might have received at the show...if anything shows that the special is through the end of the year, i'd jump on them.....if not, then i'd find someone else to get my equipment from.....and if they're your main supplier, start going elsewhere...if you need names/numbers for other suppliers, pm me...i think we're close to the same area.....

GregT

I thought they might change their way of thinking. VSS can be alright if you give them a chance.

Ken

If I give my word..that is IT..
If they are screwing you around..f'm em..sorry to be so blunt..but that's the way it works..
Ken

hoppers

Well I need to follow-up to what Greg said...VSS is decent if you work with them, but I understand the frustration with price switching and hope they maybe learn better practices and that this is not how they work most of the time.

Cant say much for pricing, but ss for VSS Roland tech support, I have to say it is great and Jennifer there knows her stuff and is very helpful. She stayed with me for hours into the night on a printer that I didnt even directly buy from her and helped me set it up for a few hours.

Glad it all worked out in the end though for the OP,

-Matt H

Marlene

glad to hear that things worked out. the company is a keeper as they did right by you. congrats to them for being an upstanding company.