• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Should USCUtter accept Bitcoin payments?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
The survey is relevant to the forum because, well because it's USCutter. They're a cornerstone of the vinyl industry.

Your kidding or drinking too much if you believe that...

ninjabenja

The survey is relevant to the forum because, well because it's USCutter. They're a cornerstone of the vinyl industry.

Your kidding or drinking too much if you believe that...

I pretty much do, although I regret not being able to claim it's the whiskey talking. USCutter is the largest online vinyl retailer in North America. If that isn't a cornerstone, what is?

MikePro

:Welcome:2:signs101:
they make adbots with feelings now?

soooo if you're already involved with BitCoin trading, then why not accept payment to yourself in an X+15%bitcoin payment and then payX to USCutter for the invoice?
bitcoin sounds like a really dumb business strategy.... sorry to say. you may as well be a DisneyDollar broker. completely worthless outside of the world in which it already exists, but there's a sucker born every minute.

phototec

I'm not sure adhesive vinyl clothing will catch on. I can see it costing a buttload for Nair...

I may do a run on Kickstarter for my fruit hats first, to test the waters.

Adrian

I'll stick with duct tape for my homemade clothes and hats, and leave the vinyl for signs!

:thumb:

Attachments

• duct_tape_suit.jpg
    duct_tape_suit.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Duct_tape_hat.jpg
    Duct_tape_hat.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 86

Biker Scout

Doesn't Graphtec actually have a line of plotter that's made in the exact same factory as one of those models sold at USCutter?

letterman7

Bitcoin is a fad. Sorry, I want cold hard cash in my hand... and the only thing I accept as virtual money is a credit card.

ninjabenja

I accept them anyplace. My side business isn't really a focus- more of a pet project. But yes, we take bitcoin payments on etsy.

wildside

curiousity is why would you accept a payment with something that is not really accepted widely and the price varies so much?

i see one month a single bitcoin was worth 75 cents, a year later was worth $1000... looks like it is worth $587 today, why would you take this as payment?

buy a machine for 10 bitcoins or $5870.... 3 months from now the bitcoin might drop to $38 each, so you just lost your *** on it unless you can cash them out into "real" money somewhere real fast... all seems like some internet savvy people thought it would be cool to have monopoly money to play with.....online.......:rolleyes:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
While I have not used it myself I had read up on Bitcoin some and it is definitely gaining acceptance. Mainly due to some larger players making moves into accepting it. One of the larger platforms for working with Bitcoins is Coinbase. Take a look at the merchants who are already on board with them as well as some of their investors (on their about page and whatnot).... There are some very heavy hitters - not necessarily a guarantee it will stay around for the long haul but still pretty likely that Bitcoins are not going to go away.

https://coinbase.com/clients

Overstock, Bing (Microsoft), BigFish Games, Reddit, Square.....

particleman

I've added Bitcoin payments to all of my ecommerce sites. Bitcoin is a great way to transfer money from person to person while sticking it to the CC companies (aka processing fees). When you get your money, it is yours. Currently there is no chargeback mechanism so this is appealing for merchants that deal with fraud a lot. I don't think Cryptocurrencies are going away, Bitcoin might eventually, but I doubt it.

There is some confusion how merchant payments work with bitcoin. I use coinbase, when someone reaches checkout Coinbase has the exchange rate from BTC -> USD already calculated for that point in time. The customer is prompted to send X amount of BTC to my coinbase wallet. When the transfer is verified Coinbase immediately converts the BTC to USD in my account. Basically you aren't left holding BTC if you don't want to. BTC is just the way the money changed hands.

boxerbay

bitcoin is not a currency it is a commodity so the price reflects current market value. that being said if you do accept them dump them asap. seems like an unnecessary hassle.