• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shovelhead

geb

I will be praying for you brother, I have always respected your unique views and wonderful talent, my hope is for better news and brighter days brother.

George

signage

Shovelhead (AL) we will all miss you brother, so sorry to hear of this, and hope you are not suffering. See you on the other side and god bless you!

ProWraps

so sorry to hear. shovel and i used to go rounds when i first got on here. then we bonded over cat pics lol. i remember a few posts i made asking where shovel went. im very sad to hear this is the news. im pulling for you bud. i hoping you will show this thing whats up and be back on here to answer my posts (and laugh at some cats).

vid

Duuuuuuuuude --- I was laughing about you earlier this month... I was trying to replicate the mood of a photograph you had posted a few years back after one of your cruises. It was a picture of you and your lady friend with a pair of dolphins --- you had blocked out the eyes of the dolphins so that they couldn't be easily identified. I thought it was hilarious.

Sadly however, my efforts in replicating that mood fell a little short.​

I was in Iowa, rather than the Caribbean. The tone I was looking for just got creepy with farm animals instead of dolphins.
I don't have that gift of pulling stuff together in a fun and provocative way like Shovelhead.
And yeah, that and many other images and posts you've made have been tattooed on my brain. I for one appreciate that you shared your unique gift of humor and insight with the Signs101. You've marred a good many of us for life.

--- Thanks!​

Eloquence escapes me, but I wish for you peace and solace.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Peace my friend.

You come in alone and you go out alone but as long as a single person remembers, you live on. I will remember.

Pax vobiscum.

John Butto

Sad, sad news.
I did not know the man but from the outpouring of love from the people who did know him, he must have been a fine man.

J Hill Designs

Jesus. I knew he was in the hospital because of FB, but had NO IDEA it was this bad. Thoughts to ya bro, Ride on to the sunset brutha

ovrcafnatd

Haven't Logged on here in what seems like ages.
But I knew he wasn't doing well due to FB and he hasn't been replying to my messages lately (not like him)

so I wanted to check in here in hopes that he (you) sees this

What a talented and KIND man you are!! You've touched a lot of souls
in your life - I'm sure of it!!

I think of you often and wish you SO much Peace and Love my friend!!
Big hugs and kisses.....:loveya::loveya::loveya:

I don't ride, so you'll have to drag me onto that bike in the sky babe! ;)
See you on the flip side!! :wink:
:loveya:

peace & love to you

Leigh

in case you see this, I wanted to add that ----

I sure do hope you enjoyed the ride!!! I hope you still smile from all the special memories of your life! oxox

Deaton Design

Wow, so sad to hear this. Cancer is the most horrible disease and has taken so many talented, wonderful people away from us.
I didnt know Al that well, but respected him and enjoyed reading his posts. God bless him and his family and friends.
:(

FatCat

Just wanted to convey my sympathies. I really didn't have the privilege to know him personally, but have read some of his posts. He seemed like a unique individual, and I am sorry our paths never crossed.

Wishing the best for him and his family and friends...

Sign_Boy

It's been a while since I've been on here. I knew he was having his good days & bad days through FB, but I didn't know it had gotten this bad. I wish you all the best and hope you find a way to beat this.

Even thought I've never personally met you I know you're a great guy with a huge heart. I'll never forget those late night drunken PM sessions and that time I overnighted you a pizza because you said the pizza out by you wasn't any good. A short time later you sent down a care package with beer, upstate style hotdogs and a bunch of other good stuff. You said you'd send something and you were a man of your word, that's hard to come by these days. You're a great guy Al!!!

I wish you all the best, keep strong my friend.

Kevin
aka
Sign Boy :supersmilie:

skyhigh

One of my favorite characters on here, since the day I joined the forum. A very mufti-facited and a terrific person.

Never give up hope my friend!!!!

Richard Flint

Haven't stopped by in quite awhile. Sorry to hear such sad news.
I always liked your style. A very talented signguy!

Peace be with you brother!

-Rich

adkmaid

sad sad sad

I am going to really miss Big Al, I already do. I met him on here getting my arse reamed out for something stupid i did but we became instant friends on facebook and busted each others chops on a daily basis. when i finally found out that Al was so terribly sick and lost his mom, he asked for some art supplies so he could paint, he was an incredible artist along with a very talented sign painter/ designer. I sent art supplies to do watercolors but soon learned that he was too weak to even hold a brush and i decided I only had one choice and that was to jump in my truck to go meet my adopted brother. He was very happy to meet me but not half as happy as I was to meet him. We got to talk, pray and laugh for a short time before he was knocked out again and i had to leave. His lady friend has been by his side all the way and is his angel that has taken care of his body and spirit through this horrible ordeal, she is very special and also should be included in your prayers.
The art supplies that I gave to Al will not be thrown in a box somewhere, he requested that these supplies be donated to a child with cancer that loves art and it is exactly what I am going to do.
If at all possible I am asking every single one of you to think about giving the gift of art to a child with cancer in Al's name it will make his spirit happy because like all of us here, Art is our life and art should be our legacy.
Thank you Stacy for letting people know.