• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Boot Feedback Wanted

signboot

Hi All!

New here to this forum, looks like a great group.
I have a new product that I hope to get your opinions on.
Please take a look at the site if you get a moment.

www.signboot.com

Heres the pricing:

End user @ $189ea.

Dealer (sign shops) -40% ($135ea)

Any and all comments, good and bad are welcome, and happy to answer any questions/concerns.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bud

rjssigns

Looks like a good idea. Should last decades considering the material. It's heavy, but you don't have to worry about bringing ballast then.

signboot

Looks like it could be a cool product. Do you offer any lower pricing for a sample to try out?

Good question. I'm sure we can work somthing out.
My stock will arrive tomorrow and I'm talking to some distributors that I hope will work out. The only obstacle I see is the shipping cost for single units.
The weight makes it a little pricey.
I'll let you know how we can get you a sample.

Thanks!

petesign

I guess ill be the one to say it. Looks like a good idea, but kinda pricey when I can sell plasticades for $90 a pop and double my money.

signboot

I guess ill be the one to say it. Looks like a good idea, but kinda pricey when I can sell plasticades for $90 a pop and double my money.

Valid point Pete, I'm glad you said it, thats exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Thanks for your candor.

I'm hoping the Sign Boot offers value in being able to accept larger signs and be placed in areas where the Signacades of the world would be to small to be affective. Also, "outside the box" cut out graphics are sometimes desirable.

Hope I'm not sounding too defensive, please keep the comments coming, good, bad and ugly. I have thick skin!

Thanks!

HulkSmash

Valid point Pete, I'm glad you said it, thats exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Thanks for your candor.

I'm hoping the Sign Boot offers value in being able to accept larger signs and be placed in areas where the Signacades of the world would be to small to be affective. Also, "outside the box" cut out graphics are sometimes desirable.

Hope I'm not sounding too defensive, please keep the comments coming, good, bad and ugly. I have thick skin!

Thanks!

Cool Idea. They have similar products already about at a much cheaper price.
A couple of questions.

What's the weight limit?
Height Limit?
What sizes does it come in?
Can it Hold PVC, dibond?

At that price you might have quite a time selling it.

Good luck.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
  • Are you selling direct to any or all of us.... or must we buy through one of your distributors ??
  • If so, what incentive is there to buy, if a distributor will sell to us at $189. each ??
  • How many middlemen are you anticipating ??
Sounds like your marketing program has quite a few bugs in it, yet.

I think already mentioned, but what does this thing weigh ?? I have customers who would probably use it, but not if they can't lift it without a problem. Something like this, might have to come in at night or run the chance of being stolen. Can it be planted so it can't be stolen if you take the banner or sign in at night ??

signage

If you go to his website you will find that it weighs 55lbs. It also requires drilling holes into the surface it is sitting on or driving rebar into the soil! He doesn't say how long the rebar is so wind load calculations could be done.

Seems high priced for what you are getting.

signboot

Cool Idea. They have similar products already about at a much cheaper price.
A couple of questions.

What's the weight limit?
Height Limit?
What sizes does it come in?
Can it Hold PVC, dibond?

At that price you might have quite a time selling it.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.
Been looking for similar products, please feel free to post if have some in mind.

-Weight limit: the boot itself weighs 55lbs.
-Height limit: I have used 8' tall lexcor panels.
-Only 1 size for now. Foot print is 1'x4', 3" tall. (see dims in link below)

http://www.signboot.com/Specifications.html

-Hold PVC, Dibond? Yes, and any type substrate. The slot is 3/8" wide. Thinner substrates can be "shimmed" or doubled in the case of 4mm Coroplast.

Best,

signboot

At $135 these would be a 40% markup, not a 40% margin like the "-40%" would imply. May want to fix that. (40% of $189 is $75.60 which would make it $113.40 for dealers).

Yes, SignStudent, you are correct, 40% mark up.
Did not intend to decieve.

Thanks,

signboot

I think it's an interesting product.

Couple of questions/concerns:

-Is 2.5" really enough to secure a larger/taller sign? Keeping in consideration wind load and the strength (or lack of) of short term signage such as coroplast I can't see a 4' high sign staying upright in that stand without a backer - even in an indoor environment where wind and weather aren't a concern.

-what is the approximate shipping weight? At first glance, even the discounted wholesale rate seems a little high....and that's not counting shipping.

-are you going to be directly targeting end users or is that just a suggested msrp? There are lots of people who wont buy products and support companies that eat from both pies if you catch my drift.

I think that's all I've got for now.... otherwise I think you've got a good idea - especially if you push the fact it's made from tires...although I would assume even that process isn't 100% green. (then again what IS?)

Thanks Pat,

Yes, in my test and experience the 2.5" slot works amazingly well.
If you look in the Photo gallery on the site, you'll see different shapes and sizes that all have been out in the weather for about 2 months now with no problems.

The shipping weight is 55# each. And yes the shipping cost is prohibitive for small quantities, so selling through distribution is a must. At that point there should be no shipping costs to you.
We are close to having distributors come on board and will certainly let you know who they are.

Yes, The $189ea is a MSRP. Until we have distributors, we will act as one and sell to dealers (sign shops) for $135ea.

Not trying to deceive or hood wink anyone, I will also sell to my customers (end users) through my sign shop,
www.1-metro.com
but for the $189ea MSRP ONLY.
We will honor the pricing structure and not undercut pricing at any level, for that is cutting my own throat.

I, like you, am not sure what exactly green is, but these things are made from shredded tires, heated and formed under pressure in a mold. I guess the green part comes from keeping 5+ truck tires out of the landfills.

Great questions, hope I've answered them. If not, let me know.
Bud

signboot

If you go to his website you will find that it weighs 55lbs. It also requires drilling holes into the surface it is sitting on or driving rebar into the soil! He doesn't say how long the rebar is so wind load calculations could be done.

Seems high priced for what you are getting.

The rebar spikes that are inclusive in the price are 14" long. (longer available for sandy soil conditions)
They can be driven into soil and asphalt, but drilling a 2"-3" pilot hole in the asphalt makes it a little easier.
For concrete installation, standard Lag bolt shields are used.
When calculating wind load, keep in mind that the flexibility of the panel absorbs a substantial amount of the winds energy.

Funny about the price. Some think its a very reasonable, almost cheap for what it offers, others think its way to high. That's what makes the world go round eh?

Appreciate you questions and opinions!
Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, once you have your dealerships/distributors set up around the country, will we all be getting them at $135 cost from them also ??

How do we determine if it's worth becoming a distributor for you ?? Also, how large a territory would one distributor have or won't that matter ??

We buy some items through distributors already [not yours] and according to who I go to, I get varying prices, but then shipping might play a part.

Another thing, will something like this pass codes nationwide, or will we have to get permission from different municipalities where rules and codes dictate ?? In addition, do you have engineered spec sheets on these things again for wind load..... for the various substrates and sizes ??

Around here, you have to be prepared to show engineered spec sheets for pole pocket banner pole kits. I'm sure this contraption will need it also.

signboot

So, once you have your dealerships/distributors set up around the country, will we all be getting them at $135 cost from them also ??

How do we determine if it's worth becoming a distributor for you ?? Also, how large a territory would one distributor have or won't that matter ??

We buy some items through distributors already [not yours] and according to who I go to, I get varying prices, but then shipping might play a part.

Another thing, will something like this pass codes nationwide, or will we have to get permission from different municipalities where rules and codes dictate ?? In addition, do you have engineered spec sheets on these things again for wind load..... for the various substrates and sizes ??

Around here, you have to be prepared to show engineered spec sheets for pole pocket banner pole kits. I'm sure this contraption will need it also.

Gino,

Once we have distributors established, they're price to you will be the $135ea. Quantity discounts at they're discretion.

Distributorships are determined by many factors, such as national reach, buying power etc. Sign shops will not be distributors, but dealers.

If you are a distributor of sign product or the like, please feel free to give me a call @ 1 800-441-0627.

I have no other drawings, engineered or otherwise other than whats on my site.

Cheers Gino
Love to hear form you.

mikefine

I sent an email to a few customers to see if they would be interested. It is a clean look, with no posts to paint or install. I could see this for real estate signs. And it works with 10 mil coroplast, which eliminates wood and lowers price. I think there is potential....