• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Boot Feedback Wanted

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Question for ya.....why is the notch only 36inches wide? If the spike holes are recessed, why not make the channel for the signage the full width and allow another set or 2 of screws to penetrate and hold a wider based sign tighter??

signboot

Question for ya.....why is the notch only 36inches wide? If the spike holes are recessed, why not make the channel for the signage the full width and allow another set or 2 of screws to penetrate and hold a wider based sign tighter??

Good question.
The spike holes are only recessed about 1/4" to give plenty of strength once hammered into the ground. If the slot were to go from end to end, it would allow the Boot to possibly "open" in some conditions.
The 3/8" slot opening gives a nice tight grip fit to 10mm substrates, the alltrhead nylon pins are just to hold the panel from lifting out of the slot. The allthread provides a friction grip, keeping it in the holes without using nuts/washers.

If you look at picture 12 of the Photo Gallery of the web site, the panel is cut with a "notch" to fit down in the slot letting the panel extend over and past the end of the Boot.

Hope that helps

Salmoneye

I don't see many of them other than the ones with longer legs on the side of the freeway. They weight them down with sandbags or sacks of concrete, I have seen them blown over but don't know how often.

signboot

Hey Guys and Gals (especially you Helen :)

Thanks for all the feedback on the Sign Boot so for.
My intentions where just that, to get feedback and get a feel for if this thing has legs, not to sell them to you. However, through this forum I've had requests for purchase, but the shipping costs just don't make sense. So until we get distributors in place, I'll offer free shipping if your interested. I would only request that you try to send a picture of how you use it for the photo gallery on the website, and maybe some feedback as to what you think about it after to touch n feel it. Again, not trying to make the big sales pitch, just want to get them to you if you want them and here what you think.

Cost: $135ea (includes 2, 14" ground spikes, and 2 pins)
MSRP: $189ea.

cjt@signboot.com
800 441-0627
cell/ 502 419-3266

Thanks again,