• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign business portfolio?

IGD

I don't have a website set up yet, I was thinking about making a portfolio of some kind that I could bring to customers and always have with me everywhere I go. Somethin that would show everything I have to offer, samples, ect..I was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas or could post some pictures of yours on how I should go about doin this. thanks

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
I could give you my portfolio classified by each type of sign or product. That would work I need an outside salesman.

WildWestDesigns

I know a lot of people use an iPad for this very thing. Or they have a tablet with wifi and use it to log onto Facebook and use that as a portfolio. Much easier to update the Facebook gallery then it is the website. Although, just loading up the ole iPad works as well.

IGD

I know a lot of people use an iPad for this very thing. Or they have a tablet with wifi and use it to log onto Facebook and use that as a portfolio. Much easier to update the Facebook gallery then it is the website. Although, just loading up the ole iPad works as well.

yea I was thinking about that I have a toshiba tablet, i dont think I can get service on it is the thing, and not a big apple fan at all. Ill look into service for that cause it did cross my mind, I just wasnt sure how everybody was doing it, trying to get some ideas.

WildWestDesigns

yea I was thinking about that I have a toshiba tablet, i dont think I can get service on it is the thing, and not a big apple fan at all. Ill look into service for that cause it did cross my mind, I just wasnt sure how everybody was doing it, trying to get some ideas.

I don't have a tablet that has wifi with a service already. I use verizon's mifi and that works in every instance that I've needed it to work.

IGD

What work are you going to put in this portfilio?

Is it all your own?

yes, and also it would just show blanks of materials,banners,signs, flags, vinyl,price ranges,sizes ect...just something visual because alot of the ppl I talk to are more visual and I dont have anything orginized to show them..

demandattention

I use my iPad. It paid for itself in the first week of using it. I also show customers short videos of us wrapping vehicles. They always get a kick out of that.

IGD

I use my iPad. It paid for itself in the first week of using it. I also show customers short videos of us wrapping vehicles. They always get a kick out of that.
thats 2 so far for a tablet or ipad, do yall have a portfolio set up on the ipad all in one place, or do you just browse around in random folders just curious

WildWestDesigns

thats 2 so far for a tablet or ipad, do yall have a portfolio set up on the ipad all in one place, or do you just browse around in random folders just curious

Set up in different galleries. Regular embroidery for shirts and hats, puff foam, applique, multiple apparel decorating (typically sublimation combined with embroidery), sublimation etc. I do have a separate section for digitizing only, but I rarely have a client only interested in digitizing if I'm getting out the "picture pad".

Always try to be organized, never good if you have to hunt around.

James Chrimes

Set up a facebook page for your business. It will have photos and let people know about other services you offer that they did not know about.

WildWestDesigns

The only negative thing that I can think of with regard to the facebook page, is that even if you save the photos at high quality there is still compression. Nothing beats being able to zoom in on the photo to see every "ugly" little detail.

Although, you do have to be careful with that. An ugly detail that you might be able to spot at 1500%, doesn't mean that you will be able to see it in real life.

IGD

Set up a facebook page for your business. It will have photos and let people know about other services you offer that they did not know about.
I have one with over 5k friends and a twitter , but being that im somewhat young alot of the ppl that like it are the younger crowd lookin for that 12$ decal with calvin peeing on something or just dumb stuff that does me no good, so I want to set up something more professional for the bigger fish and more business oriented

Mosh

I don't let people know all I can do...that way I don't have Grandma's bugging me all day for welcome home signs and such. Be sure to PRONOUCE your intended customers and keep Race Car guys, Bars and Political Candidates away...and Old Grandmas. AND Independent Truckers...(the worst, besides Race Car guys)

Those are the FIVE PITA customer to stear clear of....there are more but those are the top on the list. Anyone....anyone?

WildWestDesigns

I don't let people know all I can do...that way I don't have Grandma's bugging me all day for welcome home signs and such. Be sure to PRONOUCE your intended customers and keep Race Car guys, Bars and Political Candidates away...and Old Grandmas. AND Independent Truckers...(the worst, besides Race Car guys)

Those are the FIVE PITA customer to stear clear of....there are more but those are the top on the list. Anyone....anyone?

For embroidery, it's also the show dog owners. They are the pickiest ever.

IGD

lol yea I know what you mean

Mosh

Not alot of "dog" owners around here...but I will add Car Show guy to the mix!
Back when I printed shirts "Softball Guy" was the first to be BANNED from my shop. You all know Softball Guy. The guy who would be in the major league if not for Blah Blah Blah....but he wants $30 t-shirts but can't afford them and wants you to "sponsor him" so other "softball guys" will know where to get free shirts!!!!

IGD

Not alot of "dog" owners around here...but I will add Car Show guy to the mix!
Back when I printed shirts "Softball Guy" was the first to be BANNED from my shop. You all know Softball Guy. The guy who would be in the major league if not for Blah Blah Blah....but he wants $30 t-shirts but can't afford them and wants you to "sponsor him" so other "softball guys" will know where to get free shirts!!!!

im a car enthusiest myself and ive actually gotten pretty good business from the local scene believe it or not but i know what your saying