• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign business portfolio?

WildWestDesigns

Not alot of "dog" owners around here...but I will add Car Show guy to the mix!

Not many Kennel Club people here either. California and Florida lot are the ones that I have to deal with as far as digitizing goes.

Back when I printed shirts "Softball Guy" was the first to be BANNED from my shop. You all know Softball Guy. The guy who would be in the major league if not for Blah Blah Blah....but he wants $30 t-shirts but can't afford them and wants you to "sponsor him" so other "softball guys" will know where to get free shirts!!!!

I've got the fisherman. Typically sublimated shirts, but drags his heals on payment. Gotta love them.

Jillbeans

In days of your I used a regular artist's portfolio with photos of my signs in it.
(I think you can still buy these at Michaels')
I even had a real crazy one I took to Letterhead meets that was faux fur on the outside (zebra)
Anyway these days I just use FB or my website.
But yesterday at work (we are getting a new vacuum formed sign by a different sign company) the other sign guy showed up and he had all his stuff on a smart phone that he just paged through.
It was quick but kind of cool.
Love....Jill

I use my smart phone to show some of my work like wraps in progress and briefcase full of substrate and print samples also some pictures of previous designs.

SignManiac

I use both my smart phone and an ipad if necessary. In the showroom, I have a 32" wall mounted monitor that loops through 666 photos of my work from over the years. But typically, I rarely have to show a portfolio as most have already visited my website and looked over my work before making contact.

It's not so much about how you present your work, but how good your work really is. A dozen fantastic incredible photos are 100 times better than hundreds of mediocre pictures of letters stuck on a board. If you're going to show it, make sure it's your best work possible.

tattoo.dan

Not alot of "dog" owners around here...but I will add Car Show guy to the mix!
Back when I printed shirts "Softball Guy" was the first to be BANNED from my shop. You all know Softball Guy. The guy who would be in the major league if not for Blah Blah Blah....but he wants $30 t-shirts but can't afford them and wants you to "sponsor him" so other "softball guys" will know where to get free shirts!!!!

Oh yeah! There are quite a few "softball guys" around here! lol

signswi

What year is this...hire a web developer and have a professional website made with a gallery. Show that gallery to clients however you want (ipad, whatever). Let it do passive sales for you the rest of the time...

If you're a shop and you don't have a portfolio online by now you're walking through molasses while everyone else is running through air.

IGD

I use both my smart phone and an ipad if necessary. In the showroom, I have a 32" wall mounted monitor that loops through 666 photos of my work from over the years. But typically, I rarely have to show a portfolio as most have already visited my website and looked over my work before making contact.

It's not so much about how you present your work, but how good your work really is. A dozen fantastic incredible photos are 100 times better than hundreds of mediocre pictures of letters stuck on a board. If you're going to show it, make sure it's your best work possible.
IVe see pictures of your shop and its freakin nice! or atleast i think it was yours in a thread a while ago about shop orginization.

IGD

What year is this...hire a web developer and have a professional website made with a gallery. Show that gallery to clients however you want (ipad, whatever). Let it do passive sales for you the rest of the time...

If you're a shop and you don't have a portfolio online by now you're walking through molasses while everyone else is running through air.
uhh I dont have a shop and I havnt been doing it long enough to have a huge portfolio, I work from HOME for right now along with engine building on the side but that has nothing to do with this.