• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign company or wana be TV stars?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Yes they are notorious for being the "electrical sign Nazi's". If you even showed a picture of an electrical sign on your website and you weren't a licensed electrician, they would blast you for it. They were a-holes for some time about it.

Yep, they did that to me. Years ago, I installed a very small set of interior back-lit letters. I worked along with a 25+ year Master Sign Electrician. Anyway, shortly after I had to streamline my services because I was getting so buried, so I stopped offering anything to do with electrical signs. It was a huge relief because anything to do with them was just time consuming and a pain in the butt compared to installing non-illuminated signs. So I was pretty happy to be done with all of that. Fast forward a bit and I got a pretty unfriendly letter from TDLR threatening some pretty hefty daily fines if the image wasn't removed within so many days. Turns out I forgot I had that ONE picture of those illuminated letters on my site.

Was Signs Manufacturing within their rights? Yes. But what struck me was that I had talked to a guy there on a few different occasions about assisting with installation work. They were all good conversations. Turns out he's the one that reported me to TDLR (you get a copy of the report which lists the complainant). So I don't know why he wouldn't just shoot me an email and say "hey man, that pic shouldn't be up". I'm pretty easy going. I would have happily removed it, especially since I have no desire to install electrical signs. I'm certainly out a threat to their business. I don't know, it just seemed pretty crappy.

Maybe someone should blast them for having Google ads using my company name

Welcome to the club. They've been doing this with almost every sign company in the area for years. Google a local sign company and an ad will appear at the top of the page saying "Looking for an alternative to Xxxxxx Sign Company? Try Signs Manufacturing.".

I think it's pretty tacky advertising but it's their right, I guess.