• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign company put road sign in front of my shop !

ronl1975

So I left the shop last night to find this stuck into the ground in front of my shop ! I understand there are competitors but to put your crappy sign directly in front of a sign shop? Really? Thought everyone would get a kick out of this ..

Attachments

• IMG_20130819_200254.jpg
    IMG_20130819_200254.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 183

Pat Whatley

Used to get those all the time nailed to the pole in front of the shop. Caught the guy one day years ago putting them up around town. He had a van packed full of them and was apparently just driving city to city and sticking one on every utility pole he could find. Yes, I called the police and reported him.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Block your number, order a whole lotta signs and give him your craziest competitor's address and tell them you'll put it on your credit card upon delivery.

If ya don't want to p!ss off a competitor, then give him your sleaziest customer's address.... you know, the last guy who ripped ya off. :Big Laugh

Jillbeans

I love the alteration.

When the second-newest local hack put one out front, I didn't take it down. His said "NEED A SIGN?" (bad spacing bad fonts etc.)
I put one out in the same color, beside my sign with an arrow pointing to my sign that said "Need a REAL Sign?"
Love...Jill

ddubia

ronl1975, from the looks of the picture you attached to your original post I'd say it's appropriately placed now.

TheSnowman

I had a guy stick like 25 of these all over our small town, and he was from out of town. Every one they placed was illegally placed because of what our local laws allow us to do, so I emailed him and ripped him a new one telling him to play by the rules the rest of us play by if he's gonna advertise in my town. He told me that I was just jealous of his amazing business and that he made so much money he didn't care about laws.

I'm sure that's working out well for him.

Dennis422

I had a guy stick like 25 of these all over our small town, and he was from out of town. Every one they placed was illegally placed because of what our local laws allow us to do, so I emailed him and ripped him a new one telling him to play by the rules the rest of us play by if he's gonna advertise in my town. He told me that I was just jealous of his amazing business and that he made so much money he didn't care about laws.

I'm sure that's working out well for him.

Next time forward his email to local authorities and he will really have a new one ripped with the fines.

CP Signs

Hahahahah,,, love it. I have never put out a sign anywhere! I don't think I've ever purchased anything I saw on a lawn sign,,,,, lol,,,

davearama

Put a bounty on 'em

Had competitor do that couple of years ago. I'm in office warehouse complex so don't know if they even knew we were here. But they were flooding the area and one in drive leading to my complex.

I'd stopped and pulled it out. Came into our shop laughing, waving the sign and ranting.

I told my install crew and sales guy when we get to 25 of his signs we get a pizza lunch!

By end of the week we had enough for two lunches. Never saw the signs around again.

dale911

President
I hope you know that tampering with his sign is actually a criminal offense. Each state has their own writing but in Indiana, it's stated that criminal conversion is "a person exhibiting unauthorized control over another person's property." It's a misdemeanor. I saw a guy get arrested one time or picking up traffic cone and moving it 5 feet. Granted, he was drunk and being a jerk, but if the charge fits....

bikecomedy

Ahm this is an illegal sign and you're worried about the law.. They would probably pat you on the back for doing it and you could certainly threaten the idiot who placed it with turning his butt in for breaking the law. But this is not going to happen....