• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign company put road sign in front of my shop !

401Graphics

oh good. i dont feel bad for taking a-frames then. I only take ones that block the PUBLIC sidewalk where a bike can barely get past it, never mind if somebody in a wheel chair, or baby stroller tries to get by. They would have to go into the street.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Happened again, my shop is on a small street and half of these were on the street.

Are you trying to tell me that it is illegal to pick up a sign that is illegally placed ? LOLOLOLOL ! These signs are illegally placed on other places of business' property along on county property AND the phone number isn't even in the same county. Please explain a bit more about the law.

I have never seen law enforcement ever do a damn thing about stuff like this ... you can file a complaint ... but that is about it ... they would probably just throw the damn thing away in an hour since they can't go out of their jurisdiction for it and don't want to file the paperwork on trivial b.s.

Pull them up, save the stakes. Hell ... get a throw away phone number (from magic jack or something like that ...) and I'm not condoning this ... but there isn't anything to say that you can't just start calling them a LOT pestering them endlessly (or pranking ... but that is your deal) I mean ... who says you can't call someone up and make flatulence noises in the phone then hang up ... like 82 times in a day.

Pat Whatley

does that mean that A-frames left on sidewalks are to take also?
A-frames left on street corners (not in front of the actual business using them) are fair game. Our city sanitation department and parks and rec department have stacks of signcades that they use for city events....all of them came from street corners.

The city clean up crew is pretty anal about signs on the roadside.

ronl1975

I have never seen law enforcement ever do a damn thing about stuff like this ... you can file a complaint ... but that is about it ... they would probably just throw the damn thing away in an hour since they can't go out of their jurisdiction for it and don't want to file the paperwork on trivial b.s.

Pull them up, save the stakes. Hell ... get a throw away phone number (from magic jack or something like that ...) and I'm not condoning this ... but there isn't anything to say that you can't just start calling them a LOT pestering them endlessly (or pranking ... but that is your deal) I mean ... who says you can't call someone up and make flatulence noises in the phone then hang up ... like 82 times in a day.

I'm actually saving all of them (I'm up to about 50 now). And offer a great deal to my kids Little League for their sign up. :)

TammieH

City of Bellevue does not mess around, No A-Boards, No bandit signs...they will take them right a way. We do a lot of the city's signage, their garage is full of illegal signs that they remove... We have one customer that bought some coroplast bandit signs from the internet, the city confiscated them within the first week. Just thinking they will allow bandit signs for children's athletics.

jen.reelez

I remember the almost same incident as that...:Big Laugh
Survival of the fittest becomes more desperate and annoying in this generation. :omg2:

The best remedy is to laugh it out and MOVE ON.. :rock-n-roll: