• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign construction advice

Circleville Signs

OK - Here's my dilema - and I know there is probably an easy answer, however i've not ever tried this before with Polymetal/Dibond.

I've got a sign completely made out of 6mm Polymetal. It is 3'x6', or at least the panel is.

This panel has a full digital print piece laid down on it. I need to attach some routed shapes to this face, that are also cut from 6mm Polymetal.

Here's the kicker - they need to be flush, AND I can' have bolts sticking out of the back of the sign, as it is single sided, eye level post mounted.

Oh, yeah - and one layer of the routed shapes sits on top of another one, but is larger - so I'm going to have to anchor it with some type of spacers, I'm thinking?

Will gorilla glue work for this? I'm worried to use silicone because I won't be able to get things flush.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

J Hill Designs

I would probably use laminating adhesive sheets for that...my brand of choice is mactac IB-2107 comes 17"x22" sheets

silicone done correctly would be flush...just weigh it down

J Hill Designs

I would say so...It's full contact across the entire surface...I can test with a heavier than 3 lbs setup RQ if you want...

MikePro

how thick is your base piece and lettering?
i've stud mouted 1/8" to 1/8" before without having the studs sticking out either side... paired with adhesive of any kind, they'll never fall off.

J Hill Designs

OK approx 5lb - 1/8" aluminum sheet attached to dibond - not only does it not fall off, I am having a hard time releasing it with force

as for exterior, I can only imagine yes since its a PE core with acrylic adhesive...water/solvent resistant

Attachments

• 1217001051.jpg
    1217001051.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 71

J Hill Designs

most VHB is too thick to not see a visible offset from the surface..and the thin stuff (I have found) doesnt quite work that well

Billct2

What about a nest rout were the panels will be placed? Then they could be glued/silconed into the inset.