• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign critique / logo

Here's a new version I put together... Any better with this one? I dropped the dots between the phone #'s and lost the LLC. Obviously changed the main font for Headlinerz and position of the pole. I know many don't like the pole but this is what the customer had designed. Suppose I could try just a straight version?

Thoughts, suggestions?

Attachments

• Barber Shop R3.jpg
    Barber Shop R3.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Barber Shop R4.jpg
    Barber Shop R4.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 98

SignManiac

You still have a long way to go. Two graphics are overkill. Choose either the clipper or the barber pole, not both.

Minimize the size of the phone numbers, they're too damn big. Might even try reducing the number of fonts down to two.

showcase 66

I dont care for the clippers. Gloria n' chad is too big and over powering IMO. IT seems to compete with the HEadlinerz. I like the idea of the barber poll but that one looks a little cheezy to me. I think it is better than your first draft tho.

JR's

getting better. you just have to prioritize. right now every thing is calling for my attention.

JR

should I leave the numbers with a sold background like the oval or pull them out by themselves? Perhaps I'll try removing the pole and then try without the clippers...

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
--- Design the logo first, and disregard the sign shape while you are designing it....

---Stop slapping barber pole, scissors and cutters on the logo or layout, you would have to be a total nimrod not to know what a barber/salon is. Oh and instead of an image of a barber pole... sell them one http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/p...pid=CSE_Froogle&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=120182

--- If the client wanted a certain look, then do a little research.

--- Stop stretching type... no really, stop stretching type

--- does the place have windows, maybe put some of that unnecessary copy on the windows instead of the sign.

---What size is the sign... is the size within code standards, is it backlit or non-illuminated.

Oh yeah, and stop stretching type....

Keith Jenicek

I agree looks like "nerz". Need to condense yet a little more. No one needs to know the names of the hairstylists. Even if the client insists on this, steer them in the right direction. Why two phone numbers? Should only need one!

Buy Mike Steven's Book Mastering Layout now!!

Marlene

this sign looks like it will be hung in a neighborhood where most people wouldn't dare even drive thru. it looks cheap and just all around not a place anyone would go into if they cared about their hair. I would expect to see a sign like this hung next to a pawn shop with all the bars on the windows, a liquor store, a couple of burned out buildings with boarded up windows and there would be a few cars up on blocks and lots of trash and litter blowing around. this is the image I get when looking at the layout, any of the versions you posted so far. not saying this to be a jerk to you. a sign layout sets an image of the business so be aware of what you are doing when you design a sign.