• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign design software

We have been doing large format work for many years but are doing more exterior signage and need something to prepare the drawings to show customers as well as present for permits.
We have regular design software, Illustrator, etc as well as Onyx, but we need something to do the drawings and scaling measurements, etc.
What are you using?
Thanks

phototec

We have been doing large format work for many years but are doing more exterior signage and need something to prepare the drawings to show customers as well as present for permits.
We have regular design software, Illustrator, etc as well as Onyx, but we need something to do the drawings and scaling measurements, etc.
What are you using?
Thanks

I use CADTools, an Illustrator plug-in to do all my CAD drawings, it allows you to draw scale drawings in Illustrator.

https://www.hotdoor.com/cadtools

Below is a PDF example of a new garage/media room drawing I did for a friend, using the CADTools plug-in with Illustrator.

:wavingflag:

Attachments

• Drawing Sample.pdf
    636.2 KB · Views: 107

OhioSignShop

Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, a ruler, ink and calculator. Digital camera and wide 1" x 50' tape, yellow yardstick, notepad, ground marking paint. Become friends with a registered Engineer to stamp and review your drawings and get a Sign Contractors License from your state or city.

Techman

I use Corel draw and it has design capabilities and it has a dimensioning tool. I can measure and dimension all drawings with just a click or two. IT is my "regular "design software.