• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign for new hair salon bit of help plz...

Marco

Opening up hair salon/ barbershop. Young guys and young customers. Need to be trendy sign, dont know how to begin this one. plz assist.

Attachments

• s.jpg
    s.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 543

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Call me sexist if you'd like, but dudes (with the least bit of testosterone) won't be digging the word "Studio"....just sayin'.

Take a look at what the competition is doing to draw the younger set.

JB

BUCKY

Agree with James. "Barbershop" is the trend that has returned these days and is the new target market. Most are ran by Ladies in my area.
Just did this one a while ago.

Attachments

• Girl Barber.jpg
    Girl Barber.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 477

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Most are ran by Ladies

Quite a few gal barbers around here, as well. But over the past 20 years or so, I have noticed a few young...very young...guys opening barber shops,and that is encouraging.

Having a good barber is like having a good auto mechanic. You tell all your friends about them because you want them around for a very long time.

JB

jimbug72

Just search google images for "modern barber shop logo design". I see a wealth of inspiration to pull from. (Don't steal, be inspired.)

BUCKY

Then Google "Hair Studio Modern logos". You will see the difference of the target market in the designs.
I would talk with your customer and see if they are open to a name change.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
guy comes here with no skill looking for free design.... you didn't even try, typing a couple words and choosing a font isn't designing...

you are not asking for help, you are asking for someone to do the work for you.

pinkiss

just my opinion but that type of old western font and design in samples even on google looks more smth like biker gang would have as their patch lol.

Emphasis is on Barber shop - name of the place etc should be secondary. look at old designs, ex: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw0Z9RkG783CeTi7KpLl8mt7&ust=1564068664458497 clean title serves purpose of place and address, secondary people usually look at what services are provided, those new gen logos do jack really, as some unseen corner shop operating 10-30 years will serve you better, unless goal is to be seen as top trend upmarket studio place exclusive.

Marco

Thank you all. I see that good old timers still have their way in bullying folks. I don't post much anymore except for times when I'm stuck. Sad that constructive criticism for some people is like asking the demolition team to jump on it. Thanks all for websites, I will stop by. Ty's.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thank you all. I see that good old timers still have their way in bullying folks. I don't post much anymore except for times when I'm stuck. Sad that constructive criticism for some people is like asking the demolition team to jump on it. Thanks all for websites, I will stop by. Ty's.

You get what you put into it. Your first post was short and lazy and you had poor follow-up.

I'm sure if you spent more then 5 minutes designing and typing out that post, others would feel like your not being lazy and trying to get a free design out of people that charge good money making them.

shoresigns

If you're targeting men, it's called a barber shop, not a hair studio.

Salon = for women
Barber = for men
Hair studio = for women, or sometimes women and men, but will probably get mostly women since men will likely go to a "barber" before a "hair studio"

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I don't care what the place is called I'm going in to. If there're girls in there, fine. They can wash and cut hair for men or boys, too. Just don't ask me for a manicure and don't trim my frickin' beard or I'll shoot you no matter who you are. What I don't understand is the need for a barber shop to look like it's outta the Old West ?? The new softer look might get men more in touch with their metro-side...........2 bits.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Ya, you gotta get them to ditch the Studio and go with Barbershop. However, I won't jump to conclusions on what TYPE of man they are trying to attract. You should go there and check the place out.