• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign go lite

TINT

as some of you know im new to the sign business, i have sign go lite and i have it up and running with the machine i have. but it seems i only have the option of cutting out just letters. anyone in here know how to import images logos on to the software to cut out?? or do i have to get a new software??

Techman

corel draw and cocut pro... The only way to go.
no more amature hobby craft level of software.

Lunatic Taskbar

Hi Tint,

Ok you can cut what ever you want with the program... just need create it in another program and import it.

I personally Use Illustrator for all my design work and then cut from Flexi, you can do the same just instead of flexi you would use Signgo.

I think if I recall that Signgo lite is a very cut down version of Signgo, so most of the design elements are missing. (again I may be wrong).

What do you do your main designing in? most that use a different program to the cutting program use either Illustrator or Corel Draw, but basicaly any program that can create vectors should do.

If you dont own Illustrator or Corel Draw, and dont want to shell out the money for these programs you can always try Inkscape its opensource here is the link

http://www.inkscape.org/index.php?lang=en

Just look for download button on the left hand side.

I would then check within your signgo program as to what files it can import and then ensure you save the inkscape files to that format so one can read the other and then enjoy.

TINT

hey guys,
basically signgolite is pretty straight forward, i can type in any letters numbers, and with very minimal option of different fonts to choose from. i got that down, i really wanted to start off trying to import logos for say if i see something off teh web and i want to cut out? i'll go ahead and try your suggestion for sure there lunactic:thankyou::thumb:

Lunatic Taskbar

Your very welcome TINT Just remember the cutter can't cut photos or raster images it can only cut Vectors.

As some enlightened one said on this forum a while ago that a vector is like a coloring book just the out lines. if you think of that you should be on the right track.

Jackpine

Corel Draw X3 for design and a cutting program for cutting.....and a decent cutter.

Last edited:

TINT

Your very welcome TINT Just remember the cutter can't cut photos or raster images it can only cut Vectors.

As some enlightened one said on this forum a while ago that a vector is like a coloring book just the out lines. if you think of that you should be on the right track.
yes im aware lol

Corel Draw X3 for design and a cutting program for cutting.....and a decent cutter.
would this be the software here?

http://store.corel.com/webapp/wcs/s...de=US&storeId=10302&catalogId=10103&langId=-1