• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign help

Marlene

The issue is we are aloud only 105 square feet that idea would end up around 200 square its based on extreme dimensions

change the dimensions so they fit. the one you have doesn't fit the area which doesn't work well on a sigh shop sign as people will notice that

TimToad

The issue is we are aloud only 105 square feet that idea would end up around 200 square its based on extreme dimensions

Most towns allow you to measure the individual components of the sign to arrive at your total square footage. Either way, 105 is a lot of area to work with for a building that size, so I'm sure with everyone's help here, you'll come up with something effective.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The setup Neato gave you comes to about 128 sq ft. Just reduce it down until you are close to your codes. Then ask the guy with a bottle of Scotch in your hand, if you can have it a tad larger to fit the building more aesthetically ?? :rolleyes: It could happen................

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The way the sign code reads, it looks like they measure the farthest points using only a rectangle, circle or triangle. I scaled out the drawing using the door. Seems like if you want to keep your logo and info, the original design makes sense. Personally, I don't think the sign needs to be everything to everybody, it just needs to identify, but your circle design is strong and recognizable. I'm assuming you are leasing the entire building. If thats the case, use the circle logo over the main entrance door, or use only the logotype as large as you can and use the windows for your other information.

Below is how the area scaled out...

Attachments

• sqft.jpg
    sqft.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 89

jaylem

Sign Restrictions

First thing I do is talk to the the local government. Last thing you want to do is take down a grandfathered sign and have to comply with what could be less desirable restrictions. Secondly, you could spent a lot of time and effort into designing a sign that make not meet code. ie. my local ordinance prohibits signs protruding above the top edge of the building.