• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign I did today

fmg

It works but would work just that bit better if the copy had a black outline as Jill said.

Billct2

It's offcenter, barely legible and has tones that I guess are the ghosts of the old sign showing, yea, other than that it's great.

Ragin Cajun

The thing about doing a new sign on old acrylic ...just creates an old sign.

Next time...Make him a deal to Change the acrylic.

Take the price of the acrylic times 3 = gift certificate to restaurant

This way...he is totally happy.

It won't cost you that much more...You get your money on acrylic 2 times over.

Food is cheap to him!

Not so cheap when you eat out.

You both win...and he is much more proud of his sign.

I would try to add my cost for the acrylic to the sign invoice...then trade the extra cost for a gift certificate.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The thing about doing a new sign on old acrylic ...just creates an old sign.

Next time...Make him a deal to Change the acrylic.

Take the price of the acrylic times 3 = gift certificate to restaurant

This way...he is totally happy.

It won't cost you that much more...You get your money on acrylic 2 times over.

Food is cheap to him!

Not so cheap when you eat out.

You both win...and he is much more proud of his sign.

I would try to add my cost for the acrylic to the sign invoice...then trade the extra cost for a gift certificate.

Only one problem with your theory.

The amount of sign face you'd be trading would pay a lot of bills and go much further than 20 free meals at his place.

Billct2

Here's a quick idea.

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 136

John Butto

Signman walking...

excuse me??? many of the members on this site are women and in the sign business. 1965 is calling your name and wants you to get back into your time machine and go home

As Marlene prepares to send Mountainmang back to 1965, so he thinks.

Z SIGNS

I just don't understand this
"the customer did not want to pay for new faces"
So you end up doing more work playing sticky picky and you charge less money for that.We tell these kind of customers it cost more to use the old material because it does.Here is the end result you worked harder got paid less and the customer winds up with a brutal looking sign.Everybody loses.

Craig Sjoquist

I really like the flag ya did in 1st post,

I would know that it was Mexican, about all I need be it food or products would know who they cater to mainly.

S

signs-work

all that matters i got payed the customer likes it if you dont like it i dont really care oh well lol.

S

signs-work

This will be my last post on this site ill just watch and learn from the side and in pm's for now on. I only want to deal with respectable and nice people.

mbarden

Don't ask what other people think if you can't take the heat. There are some very talented people on this site that absolutely know what they are doing. From the look of your finished sign, you don't know sh*t. It looks like you figured out how to do a couple of photo shop effects and said "Hey, I can make signs! Woopee!" Just because your client was happy and paid you doesn't make it a good sign, it just means that they are happy with it and paid you.

CanuckSigns

Seriously? You're going to cry over that?!

I think that's the nicest comments I've ever read about a poorly designed, poorly executed sign.

How much more more sugar coating do you need?

Sheeeeesh.

I was thinking the same thing, reading over the replies, I thought to myself, geez everyone is being pretty nice to this guy, he pushed all the right buttons that normally get everyone all fired up, but no one has called him a hack or anything.

I thought it was the start of a kinder, gentler 101!

Marlene

I'm just a dumb old girl, what do I know:wink:

in this guy's defense, people do re-use faces. from the looks of it, that is a big sign so the customer saved himself some money on the plastic and put it into a full color design. anyone notice that money can be tight these days? for a buiness just starting out, there are times when they can't lay out all they should to do it right. is it better to do nothing? have no sign? spend the money on new plastic but not have enough to letter with anything but black vinyl? is this the best design ever?, no, but it at least looks like an attempt to do the best with what you have.

Jillbeans

all that matters i got payed the customer likes it if you dont like it i dont really care oh well lol.

I guess that says it all.
Look, I occasionally do stuff that I don't like, at a customer's request, when they won't listen to my 28 years of experience. I just don't post it on sign forums expecting an atta-boy.

Your goal should be to have the customer listen to your advice because you DO care what you're putting out there. And using new materials might cost more but it is less work for you and makes your company look more professional.

Keep doing signs that look like this if that's what you want to settle for and be known for. I'd like to think you do care.

Ragin Cajun

Only one problem with your theory.
The amount of sign face you'd be trading would pay a lot of bills and go much further than 20 free meals at his place.

Sometimes you got to pay to play!

If the sign was done on brand new acrylic...then he could add this to his portfolio....When someone says..show me some signs you created........he could be proud and say Did you see the sign at Chile Verde Mexican restaurant?

I made that sign.

If he sends someone to look at that sign with bad acrylic He will lose the job.

I would enjoy Mexican food for 3 times the cost of the acrylic. hehehehe