• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign I made for a friend for Christmas

S

scarface

Nice! Looks perfect.

How did you attach the lettering on and what kind of foam is it?

Jillbeans

What a clever idea with the reflective.
You really did a great job, your friend is going to love that.
I also like to see things that were made by hand.
Thanks for showing us!
Love....Jill

Brandon708

Nice! Looks perfect.

How did you attach the lettering on and what kind of foam is it?

I attached the lettering with 3m double sided foam tape. Im not exactly sure what type of foam it is. It's 1/2" and has a paper or cardstock face. It's not that Pink insulation foam that you see on the table. Although after I was done I was thinking if I could of used that and painted it white.

Brandon708

thanks for the kind words everyone. Im going to give it to him on wednesday and when I get to a computer I will let you all know what his reaction was.

Brandon708

update:

I gave it to him a few days after christmas. Thats as soon as I can get together with him for this. He didn't know I got him something for christmas. I came by to give his kids their christmas presents. I brought it in his house with a painters tarp over it. I unveild it and he was stunned. Literly stunned. He just stood there for about 10-15 minuites staring at it and saying "wow" in a calm low voice. He was speachless. It was the reaction i wanted. He loved it and he is going to hang it above his bed. Yes, the wife is allowing it. haha.

Great christmas!

Rodi

That is great!

He does know that there is no such thing as Santa, the Easter bunny and the Cubs winning the World Series, right? HAHAHA

iSign

I love it!!

been to Wrigley only 8 or 10 times... but some of the fondest memories... and several years of my youth as a diehard Cubs fan... never gave up on them (till 08 sorta... )

Ya done good!

dlndesign

Its really great when you make something out of love it really shows your craft in the best light. Excellent gift and I am sure he'll cherish that forever.

signgal

Awesome work and an awesome present! Now why can't guys be that thoughtful with gifts for the wife?! LOL