• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Layout...let me have it!

Marlene

Ordering that book today, any others recommended?

one of the best places to learn is right here on the site. read all the threads that people post with designs. there is a wealth of info in those. watch others post ideas and watch how they evolve into the final draft. Jill just posted one for a two truck company. it was good to start and ended up great.

klemgraphics

I do try to look at most of the designs posted around here and I have been following Jills tow truck thread also. I also cannot resist looking every time SignManiac posts a finished product, and especially a before & after. If I can just be half as good as he is some day I think I would be happy.

What do you mean there is no easy button?? My customers tell me all the time that there is.

Updates to come this afternoon.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I do try to look at most of the designs posted around here and I have been following Jills tow truck thread also. I also cannot resist looking every time SignManiac posts a finished product, and especially a before & after. If I can just be half as good as he is some day I think I would be happy.

What do you mean there is no easy button?? My customers tell me all the time that there is.

Updates to come this afternoon.

If you notice SM is from Mars and we all know women are from Venus, so suffice it to say, SM and Jill are aliens.

Hope I didn't just turn this into a political thread
:unclesam:

SignManiac

Keeping in mind that your sign is really just a directional sign, there's no real need to make it a work of art. Sign will be viewed from a car going by at who knows what speed. Easy to read and to the point is how I would have approached this sign task. Here's another more direct sign that lets the viewer know how far he has to go. Subtle environmental color choice helps with what the place is.

Attachments

• St Anthony 2.jpg
    St Anthony 2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 81

GRAFIKWORX

It looks to me that this particular Sign layout has everyone stumped so far. lol

Haven't seen any real good improvements yet..

Sign Maniacs second attempt is getting there But seems hard to read for a road sign of this size. lettering is too small.

signmeup

It looks to me that this particular Sign layout has everyone stumped so far. lol

Haven't seen any real good improvements yet..

Sign Maniacs second attempt is getting there But seems hard to read for a road sign of this size. lettering is too small.
Dude.... post up some pure genius for us.

klemgraphics

Ok I think these are headed in the right direction now...or maybe I shouldn't be the one deciding that but I like these much better. The one with the deer I would replace the clipart with a full color illustration probably. I wouldn't add any kind of graphic at all except for the fact that they specifically requested it. I know, I know never let the customer do my job right.:covereyes:

Attachments

• stant7.jpg
    stant7.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 78
  • stant6.jpg
    stant6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 90

charissabuskirk

I wouldn't add any kind of graphic at all except for the fact that they specifically requested it.

That's what I want to know... what are the details of the job. If it's an outdoor, directional sign keep it clean and do not make it a natural color. It will blend into it's surroundings and then what's the point? Something like this should take you to design in the amount of time I wrote this message.

signmeup

So your saying you disagree?

then what attempt so Far really Floats your Boat ?

I'm just making an observation Relax Dude!
I'm sayin' put up or shut up. People posted rough designs as ideas... not fully finished stuff. Let's see your suggestion.

signmeup

How about keeping it reeeally simple? If they want a graphic maybe you could get away with a small one in the corner.

Attachments

• StAnthony.jpg
    StAnthony.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 73

GRAFIKWORX

I'm sayin' put up or shut up. People posted rough designs as ideas... not fully finished stuff. Let's see your suggestion.

My Point was that this particular wording or layout seemed to be not so easy for everyone to make work at first. many times people make great improvements right from the start. Obviously we the readers Don't know all the details the OP has to work with, colors, budget or what ever.

your Design works, for a simple straight forward design, if thats what the customer wanted.

By the way. I have less than 20 posts on here and I have already
(Put Up) when I felt it was Fitting. http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83838

Have a great evening..

Jillbeans

I prefer the one on the right, but the copy is not centered (Club) to itself.
And while I like that font, it's really thin and hard to read, especially if someone was trying to find the place.
I'd pay John B for his design if I were you, even though it doesn't have antlers.
:)
Charissa is right about not using a "natural" or earthy color. If you use green it will be hard to see in summer, white will be hard to see in winter.

Marlene

I don't think anyone is stumped by this as we all seem to get that the main reason for this sign is to tell some one how far and whcih direction to turn. what adds to the confusion is customer requests like the added graphic. love what signmeup did as it keeps the who seperate from the where and how