• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Layout...let me have it!

klemgraphics

Ok so I guess I should have posted the particulars of this job first, sorry for that. The sign this is replacing was 3'x5' and they want the new one slightly larger, will be 2-sided.

This is a pretty low budget sign, but that being said the folks involved with this organization have given me and referred to me a ton of business over the years and they continue to do so and I want to make them something they and myself will be proud to display. I could have done something really quick for them and they would have been perfectly happy with it I'm sure. The reason I posted this up though was because I was lacking inspiration at the time and thought it was a perfect opprotunity to improve my skills with the help of some of the best in the industry. Sure I could have paid someone to do it for me but how do I improve like that?

Here are my latest, probably not acceptable to most yet but I think they are way better than the crap I started with.

John, I think I will send them yours also, just to see what their reaction is...your always good for a laugh, and you do good work too!

Thanks to all that have posted, just another reason to visit the site often!:clapping:

Attachments

• stant9.jpg
    stant9.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 68
  • stant8.jpg
    stant8.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 76

GRAFIKWORX

I like your Last Design the Best.
I think the trees are better..
the Deer looks like a Hunting Mount!
unless they do hunt there then that's Fine.

I would only suggest making St.Anthony's a little smaller to give some breathing room and maybe Kern St. a little closer to Anthony's . looks a little unconnected. other than that Done..

GRAFIKWORX

Also I would cut off the left half of the Mountains to make room and make the trees solid color to be seen better at a distance.

JR's

I think you're almost there. Although I would like to see the graphic on the left side. In my opinion it would help the readers eye move through the composition. And I would have it a lighter color or a color closer to the background less value than the color of the wording. To me the way it is now your eye goes right to the graphic and you ponder it for a while then you try to read the rest of the sign. Instead of having the graphic lead you into the wording. In my humbling opinion only.

JR

Attachments

• St. Anth.jpg
    St. Anth.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 68