• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Painters (official trailer)

jkdbjj

It does look like a great piece. I just hope it isn't an hour of bashing the newer industry. No one wants to watch a bunch of whiners. I hope it instead exposes us newbies to something new to appreciate, and it showcases that aspect.

tsgstl

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I have never seen a printed or vinyl sign that compares to a well crafted handmade painted sign.
Design is design but the finished product is not the same.
I'm not too proud to admit the truth. We can all laugh all the way to the bank in the end if you want.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have nothing against the computers, printers or all these new fangled gadgets. I go to the bank everyday to put something in. This newer way of industry has just made my life easier and has help me to make tons more money than I used to. It's a tool and if used correctly can do wonders for you, but like mentioned, you do have to have a certain sense of knowledge and capabilities to make a tool work.

No matter which side of the fence you're on in this type of debate, there will be much to see, remember and marvel over. To think these things were done by hand, is incredible..... and for some of the younger people in this field to comprehend, it will just be breathtaking.

John Butto

a whiner

It does look like a great piece. I just hope it isn't an hour of bashing the newer industry. No one wants to watch a bunch of whiners. I hope it instead exposes us newbies to something new to appreciate, and it showcases that aspect.
No, but you want us to read your 8 paragraphs of dribble on when to work and for how much money to make and hey look at my website for the tenth time. "If you live in a glass house, do not throw stones".

One of the last great Handpainters/stripers around here in North VA, retired a couple years back.

Bill Tweeden

You may have seen his daughter on the cover of playboy.....Leanne Tweeden

He did amazing work. Shame its a lost art.

Craig Sjoquist

I bought the Sign painters Book it was awesome reading, several of the sign painters I have met also seen there work, one was even my partner in Minnesota in a shop & was great reading & now on the film will be real cool to see.

I do not consider Sign Painting a lost art by no means, yes vinyl has taken a great deal of the work & for 20 years I saw how it destroyed the market & destroyed the craft, but since 2005 have now seen how Hand lettered signs has a real market with the help of the internet & study of good software yes another tool to add.

Also realize that vinyl has a place in the market, has a cheap Chinese cutter myself & use it every few months.

Myself god let me learn this craft & guides me to learn more so enjoyment of life is even better & to do my best helping others earn a good living for there families.

It is a great life I can wake up get on my bicycle , sell a job somewhere near use my god given talents to earn a living, not buying into all of the slavery of oil industry, banking industry or what ever... Just pack my stuff up into a backpack walk into a town use my talents to eat & enjoy life.

Yes simple life, simple needs, stress free, just using what I've learned & enjoy.

jkdbjj

No, but you want us to read your 8 paragraphs of dribble on when to work and for how much money to make and hey look at my website for the tenth time. "If you live in a glass house, do not throw stones".
Really? What is that for? If you don't like what I write, put me on ignore list or don't read. Why are you starting drama all of sudden?

I made a comment about a public movie yet to be seen, and the comment is valid. I have tremendous respect for those who do this stuff by hand, so I am not sure where your comment is coming from.

If I did something to offend you, let me know.

jkdbjj

I bought the Sign painters Book it was awesome reading, several of the sign painters I have met also seen there work, one was even my partner in Minnesota in a shop & was great reading & now on the film will be real cool to see.

I do not consider Sign Painting a lost art by no means, yes vinyl has taken a great deal of the work & for 20 years I saw how it destroyed the market & destroyed the craft, but since 2005 have now seen how Hand lettered signs has a real market with the help of the internet & study of good software yes another tool to add.

Also realize that vinyl has a place in the market, has a cheap Chinese cutter myself & use it every few months.

Myself god let me learn this craft & guides me to learn more so enjoyment of life is even better & to do my best helping others earn a good living for there families.

It is a great life I can wake up get on my bicycle , sell a job somewhere near use my god given talents to earn a living, not buying into all of the slavery of oil industry, banking industry or what ever... Just pack my stuff up into a backpack walk into a town use my talents to eat & enjoy life.

Yes simple life, simple needs, stress free, just using what I've learned & enjoy.
Great post!

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Many times I have trouble understanding you, but this one is so close to your heart, it's as good as that trailer. :thumb:

What an incredible way to look at and live one's life. :notworthy:

jkdbjj

Many times I have trouble understanding you, but this one is so close to your heart, it's as good as that trailer. :thumb:
What an incredible way to look at and live one's life. :notworthy:
My thoughts exactly. I felt I got to know the guy from that one post alone. Funny ain't it?

John Butto

connect the dots

jkdbjj: For your entertainment while you wait for your kid's meal. I see you edited your jerk and connecting the dots comments.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
See, now that's the kinda crap I dislike.

Saying something and then changing your mind after you realized you were being a complete a**wipe.

That's taken on a whole new meaning now. Glad you had time to re-think your contemptible thoughts.

jkdbjj

jkdbjj: For your entertainment while you wait for your kid's meal. I see you edited your jerk and connecting the dots comments.

Yes I deleted my comments, that your acting like a jerk. I figured the better way was to see what I've done wrong to you.

If you check the thread you were referring too you'll see others participating positively on it, so it is obviously not drivel or whatever you called it.

What is your drawing suppose to offer the conversation at hand?

Really, what is your problem?

Are you trying to start a fight with me?

jkdbjj

See, now that's the kinda crap I dislike.

Saying something and then changing your mind after you realized you were being a complete a**wipe.

That's taken on a whole new meaning now. Glad you had time to re-think your contemptible thoughts.

I edited my previous comment towards him, because rather then resort to personal attacks I decided not too. Doesn't this site need more of that? Instead I decided to ask what I did to him to **** him off.

Not sure why you dislike that?

GP

But how 'bout that movie trailer, eh?

Bought the book as well - definitely worth the price of admission.

Also, I have my first wall painting gig this Saturday.

GP

Somewhat related: I follow a guy on Instagram that was hand lettering a 3x8 banner. I can't imagine finding that customer...