• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Painters (official trailer)

TammieH

I do not get arguing with people, especially on the internet...seriously who cares if one is right or not? Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? This day and age a lot of people use the term "he/she disrespected me", I don't get it. Seriously how does a few words really ruin your day?

There were times that I use to "tell people off" on the net and in real life...but I came to the conclusion...Why hurt someone just to feel better about yourself or to feel you are right?

So, basically if I start typing something that is the least bit negative, I think to myself, do I really need to say that? 99.99% of the answer to myself is ...No.

The other .01% I regret it.

If this is the worse thing to happen to you in a given day...then you have had a pretty good day...because a lot of people are a hell of a lot worse off...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, OK well I understand now.
Guys, I am not that young. I may be younger than some, but I can assure being almost 40, there are plenty on here younger than I.

My comment wasn't suppose to antagonize anyone Gino. It was an honest comment. Documentaries can go many different directions, and one of them is a direction that becomes more of a campaign, like Michael Moore, and can be very biased.
I simply expressed I hoped it showcased the art more than the drama. I am entitled to that opinion. My dad did this kind of work as well, so I have learned from him, woodworking, and several different crafts in my lifetime.

The fact that you seem to know so much about people's intentions, sucks man. You are just wrong on this occasion, and I just don't get it. Maybe I made a mistake on this forum before, but this is just wrong Gino. Plain and simple.

So, how is John, personally attacking me and me making a comment about a movie, the same thing. Just doesn't make sense!

Okay, before you go and change this one.

Right here, you open by saying, Okay, now you understand and four sentences later and now I suck for pointing this out to you. You might be almost 40, but you don't act it. You flip-flop more than a fish outta water.

First of all, your age or anyone else's age has nothing to do with this, except most young people don't know a whole lot about this trade. The only ones are the guys/gals, willing to put time into it, learn the ropes and tackle this business head on. The majority of hacks are just that..... hacks and as Maniac put it... they're in both camps.

Your comment wasn't supposed to antagonize anyone..... who cares what you meant or thought, it's how just about everyone took it. So, you want us all to believe you are the only person connected to this thread that doesn't have a clue as to what you said..... YOURSELF ??

You simply expressed a negative thought which you knew would spark some debate. You are most welcomed to as many opinions as you want or need and you sure have a lot of them and they're all over the place.

What does your Dad have to do with what you said ?? My Dad's gone and I learned a lot from him, but I don't use him as an excuse for bastardizing my thought patterns. They are my own. I learned, I pondered and I formed my own foundation.

Now, for the part where it sucks to be me. I don't know so much about people's intention, but you are not stating intentions... yours or others. You are stating useless drivel trying to create an insightful review where you feel well informed and seeing into the psyche of others before the others realize what they are thinking. You want to be the fruition of their thoughts........ It's called starting sh!t and hiding behind statements and not taking account for you own misdeeds. Plain and simple.

Your last sentence makes no sense. Try to form a complete thought.

jkdbjj

Okay, before you go and change this one.

Right here, you open by saying, Okay, now you understand and four sentences later and now I suck for pointing this out to you. You might be almost 40, but you don't act it. You flip-flop more than a fish outta water.

First of all, your age or anyone else's age has nothing to do with this, except most young people don't know a whole lot about this trade. The only ones are the guys/gals, willing to put time into it, learn the ropes and tackle this business head on. The majority of hacks are just that..... hacks and as Maniac put it... they're in both camps.

Your comment wasn't supposed to antagonize anyone..... who cares what you meant or thought, it's how just about everyone took it. So, you want us all to believe you are the only person connected to this thread that doesn't have a clue as to what you said..... YOURSELF ??

You simply expressed a negative thought which you knew would spark some debate. You are most welcomed to as many opinions as you want or need and you sure have a lot of them and they're all over the place.

What does your Dad have to do with what you said ?? My Dad's gone and I learned a lot from him, but I don't use him as an excuse for bastardizing my thought patterns. They are my own. I learned, I pondered and I formed my own foundation.

Now, for the part where it sucks to be me. I don't know so much about people's intention, but you are not stating intentions... yours or others. You are stating useless drivel trying to create an insightful review where you feel well informed and seeing into the psyche of others before the others realize what they are thinking. You want to be the fruition of their thoughts........ It's called starting sh!t and hiding behind statements and not taking account for you own misdeeds. Plain and simple.

Your last sentence makes no sense. Try to form a complete thought.
What the hell...
Really, you have time for this?

You really don't understand my last sentence? Fine forget it.

Joe's first line btw was there are indeed old crabby sign painters, but hopefully not in this film. So, someone else got it. I wasn't attacking anyone, and for the second time you said I "knew" it would spark debate.

Really Gino, your just wrong.

My apologies everyone for the sideshow.

jkdbjj

For the record, I was going to keep this private because John asked me to.
He decided to private message me and threaten that if I don't shut my mouth I might lose my other eye.
So out of respect (as if!), I kept it private, replying that if he really was man enough to take my other eye, he deserved the chance.
He then decided, we were not really going to meet, but he was "just" saying one day I might lose my eye.

You people call me wacko? Here is a guy that needs some serious help. To top that off, my wife says our office line got a call immediately at the time from NJ. Might be a coincidence, but if that was him calling, man this guy has issues.

So, since he isn't the one to take my other eye out, I thought I would express the wonderful character of your dear friend John. Real quality guy you have there!

For the record. If ANYONE ever wants to see me face to face to tell me how much they don't like me, I will NEVER back down. You have the wrong guy here if you think that I am just talk.

For the rest of you that are butt buddies with this lunatic, you can **** off as well.
This place is crazy sometimes!

Joe Diaz

So... anyway. hopefully that's all over. I wonder if they're going to talk about how paint has changed over the years. I think that has played a major role in history of sign painting too.

HulkSmash

For the record, I was going to keep this private because John asked me to.
He decided to private message me and threaten that if I don't shut my mouth I might lose my other eye.
So out of respect (as if!), I kept it private, replying that if he really was man enough to take my other eye, he deserved the chance.
He then decided, we were not really going to meet, but he was "just" saying one day I might lose my eye.

You people call me wacko? Here is a guy that needs some serious help. To top that off, my wife says our office line got a call immediately at the time from NJ. Might be a coincidence, but if that was him calling, man this guy has issues.

So, since he isn't the one to take my other eye out, I thought I would express the wonderful character of your dear friend John. Real quality guy you have there!

For the record. If ANYONE ever wants to see me face to face to tell me how much they don't like me, I will NEVER back down. You have the wrong guy here if you think that I am just talk.

For the rest of you that are butt buddies with this lunatic, you can **** off as well.
This place is crazy sometimes!

oh god, here we go.

tsgstl

Yeah, I really hope it makes it to one of our Indy theaters. Love to see it in a old house, most of them serve beer too.

Rock Stars

I don't even care if this movie critical about sign people like me or the kind of work I do - it looks badass! Those old school guys have a right to be crabby - they're like rock stars.

visual800

Christ that didnt take long to go to hell, lol. If I have to do any bitching on this whole "new technology" thingy I would have to say back then if your *** couldnt draw or write you didnt do signs (well supposedly). none of this fly by night and everyone has a printer plotter thing. I remember the Gerber 4B coming out and I was shocked

I had a saying hand lettered on the back of my workvan......"VINYL BELONGS ON THE FLOOR NOT THE SIGN" I stole that from another sign dude, Chuck Berg

John L

Many times I have trouble understanding you, but this one is so close to your heart, it's as good as that trailer. :thumb:
What an incredible way to look at and live one's life. :notworthy:

Yeh, I agree. Craig is surviving in a city known for cheap business owners, whist surrounded by hundreds of revolving-door vinyl shops. And he comes across as having a good attitude about the business, the processes, and life. I find that very interesting and somewhat amazing. Hat's off to you Craig. Push on brother.

Last edited:

CP Signs

Well I'm not fortunate enough to be a sign painter. I would love to see that movie. I respect those people that can do it. Way back when I started, I was cutting vinyl by hand and shortly after got a 4B. That same beast is still in my stock room,,,,,the heaviest paper weight I have.

skyhigh

Yeh, I agree. Craig is surviving in a city known for cheap business owners, whist surrounded by hundreds of revolving-door vinyl shops. And he comes across as having a good attitude about the business, the processes, and life. I find that very interesting and somewhat amazing. Hat's off to you Craig. Push on brother.

+1

FrankenSigns.biz

I painted my first sign in 1974 for my dad's book store. It was amateurish but it brought in business. As the years went by I got better, learned proper layout and it became an art. In 1980 I switched careers but then in 1990 I was back in the graphics business again. This time I learned to use a computer and never looked back. Things change. I rolled with the punches. My job today is not the same as painting by hand but it can be every bit as creative and rewarding...

UFB Fabrication

I would guess the old crabby guys are just that. I am guessing that folks that have enough talent to be in a movie such as this could give a rats a** about what other shops do. I started out hand lettering and went to the metal fab/electric direction. You cant build that in you moms basement.....