• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign quoting / Job Tracking software solutions

niksagkram

We are looking for a shop management/POS software too. Just went to EstiMates website to check it out, did a little exploring, and went to their support/community forum. Every topic there was about some kind of pill or get rich quick scheme..... total spam and nothing about EstiMate!! Not sure I could place much faith in a software company that has that right on their website! :omg:

jtinker

Owner
We are looking for a shop management/POS software too. Just went to EstiMates website to check it out, did a little exploring, and went to their support/community forum. Every topic there was about some kind of pill or get rich quick scheme..... total spam and nothing about EstiMate!! Not sure I could place much faith in a software company that has that right on their website! :omg:

I had an art forum that the same thing happened to. Its all these mom & pop SEO companies with their robots building backlinks for their clients. That can be stopped with a few adjustments to the forum software. The fact that they havent done that means they arnt really concerned and that would concern me too.

DirtyD

I looked into that and that is on the old forum... The new forum is Estimate 2.. not sure why the old has not been pulled maybe for legacy type stuff

RoCo

I used Estimate for a long, looonnnng, time - the last 15 years, basically. Last I looked they seem to have totally abandoned that software and any further development of it. As someone mentioned earlier, it was a Mom&Pop operation, more or less (or at least came across that way), that offered a pretty decent product at an affordable, one-time price. I have no idea what happened to them but they haven't offered any kind of update in years. Maybe their son the software designer finally moved away from home? ;)

Anyway, I know of a printer in town slowly introducing efi's PACE system into their workflow for both offset and large format, but it's not cheap and VERY granular. TONS of data entry to get it up and running. My present company is in the process of bringing a system called Midnight on line that's along the same lines. Not sure of it's pricing structure, though. I actually came to this forum because I'm in search of some software to use in the meantime. We're presently using PrintSmith, but as I understand it's pretty clunky and may be obsolete (much like Estimate).

But I totally agree with the above poster's question: Why does it have to be so complicated? There's thousands of digital printers and sign companies ready and willing to buy some quality estimating software. Is it really so difficult?

Mattie_BR

ShopVox

Have a look at ShopVox - I am in new to the Sign Industry and I am using their system, please see below some key advantages that are making my life so much easier:

- Cloud system: allows you to overview your operations in your office, at home or in the road
- Customer Relations Management: provides great tool to manage your leads, client base. You can manage and measure your sales force and sales activities
- Easy Materials + Resources management, allows you to produce quotes with accurate pricing
- Production Flow: outstanding production flow management system, provides different view options
- Easy integration with Quickbooks
- Fully customizable to your operation (all steps)

I recommend!

SolitaryT

I used Cyrious and Activity for years, but the last good shop I worked for, I convinced the boss to switch to SignVox and we loved it. You can take it mobile, track everything, it's cloud based, great for quoting and everything else. You can email receipts, upload proofs, all of that. It's great.

Sidney

GraphixCALC Pro Sign Estimator

Hello,

Give me a call and perhaps I can Help. We are extensive, but not complicated.

Centro Graphics

I would also go for Estimate if simplicity and cost is key for you. We have been using it for about 8 years, and like mentioned above they seem to have stopped developing. We did get a replacement license recently as we upgraded a pc, but if you look there have been no blog or FB posts in a couple of years. I even asked by email what was going on but no reply

Not sure what is going on with them, we like the software, its very simple, we could not get on with Signvox, seems we spent triple the amount of time raising a quote than Estimate does. We also use a spread sheet to keep track of jobs and payments, simple but works for us.

Where are you Mark from estimate??

Sidney

GraphixCALC Pro Sign Estimator

If any of you are interested for a Free 15 min walk through of our GraphixCALC Sign Estimator Program, just contact me. GraphixCALC Pro tracks production/work flow, data file can be put on the cloud for instant estimate/invoicing syncing between computers . You can email receipts, upload proofs, add your company logo, etc.

Sidney Muniz

HonosCorp

Re: Workflow software

Try HonosCorp.com
Get a free demo to run around on and test out...
It is customizable, fully integrated, and has far more features than most business even need.

Adam
Honos Corp

Hey guys,

I'm a second generation sign guy and designer and just took over my family's 25 year business very recently.. Originall posted in the premium section but havent gotten any responses to my thread so i figured id give a go around in the open forum

We've been looking for quite sometime to get a pricing and job management software for my shop but can only seem to find cloud based software targeted for our industry. Do any of you have experience with local hosted non cloud software that has helped structure the flow of jobs and pricing at your sign shops?

The issue is Im having a hard time coming from design and labor aspect into the business/backend and its really hard as the shop was run very oldschool with pricing and job tickets ( I do like the system but its sometimes inconsistent and not enough tracking or consistency)

There must be something out there...We have looked at Cyrious / Estimate as well as a custom FileMaker option but would I'd like to hear input from other people in the same biz. Ive done tons of googling and reading etc but would like to here some personal experiences

really appreciate any advice on this

HonosCorp

Try a demo of Honos Corp Workflow Software

The Honos Corp P3 Software was developed for the industry by people in the industry......
Get a free demo to run around in and test it out...
From start to finish every step from customer ordering to status changes and customer payments....
everything is integrated in to the software!

Adam
Honos Corp

I can't speak for everyone, but we track the progress of a job, so everyone in the shop can quickly tell where any job stands. I.E.

-John's Barbershop sign is ready for installation
- We're waiting on acrylic for Jim's garage sign face
- while i'm ordering vinyl for Jim's sign, I can also order vinyl for these other 3 jobs to save on shipping.

etc. We don't keep track of job expenses or what does/does not sell, most of that is still in our heads.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The Honos Corp P3 Software was developed for the industry by people in the industry......
Get a free demo to run around in and test it out...
From start to finish every step from customer ordering to status changes and customer payments....
everything is integrated in to the software!

Adam
Honos Corp

Adam,
Can you process credit cards directly through your software? If so can you integrate with authorize.net?

Is your pricing fully customizable? Do you integrate with quickbooks?

Techman

there are dozens of job tracking titles out there for multiple other industries. Some of them are very mature with all the bugs and challenges long worked out. For example.. A machine shop / job shop building custom machines uses the exact same data as a sign shop where the only differences is the materials list. Complete work order management. Inventory, tracking, clients etc.

Seek out machine shop /job shop tracking software and there will very likely be a title out there that matches the needs of a sign shop.

Sidney

Graphixcalc Sign Estimator wants to hear from you

Hello,

I am the Vice President of Graphixcalc Pro Sign Estimate Program and would like to offer my personal contact information. Graphixcalc Pro has been around since 2003 and we are in the midst of developing our updated version. I personally have over 24 years in the custom sign business and understand the extensive variables at any given time.
Feel free to contact me directly at 754-610-5955 (Florida ).

Aaron Clippinger

Adam,
Can you process credit cards directly through your software? If so can you integrate with authorize.net?

Is your pricing fully customizable? Do you integrate with quickbooks?

V Sign Software is compatible with Quickbooks. Probably has everything you are looking for. We are going to be at the SignExpo in April. Come by Booth 1309 and I will personally show you how our software controls your projects from step one through to invoicing and costing. We have integrated into all areas to make the project management system easy to use. Come by the booth, have a beer and see what we have to offer. I look forward to meeting anyone who is interested in V Sign Software.