• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign removal price ?

RichLyons

I'm looking to see what a general price would be to remove a West Coast Video sign. It's a light up sign about 12' up in the air. It's not real tall, but it's pretty long. Looks to be a one piece system and not individual letters. This was sprung on me last minute and looking for advice on price. Any help would be great. The owner is closing shop and doesn't want it, which brings me to the next question. Would anybody want to buy this thing? What's it worth ?

CanuckSigns

it's worth whatever the scrap metal yard will give you, as for removal price, I would charge your shop rate x however many hours it takes, plus any lift rentals etc. you have to add to the price.

Let me guess, the owner wants you to remove the sign for free, but he will let you keep the sign!

DigiPrinter

LOT's of questions come to mind with the somewhat described removal....1) Is a crane needed or can two guys man-handle it? 2) What's the building surface? What kind of wall repairs are going to be needed? 3) Have you asked the client what he has budgeted for this? I would probably want payment up front....a company closing usually means a company with no money.

There's more questions but Visual had it right - a picture would be very helpful.....

visual800

No one can quote you until we know:

Is it on a pole?

front of building?

raceway?

panface rectangle?

double sided?

and the size?

petepaz

No one can quote you until we know:

Is it on a pole?

front of building?

raceway?

panface rectangle?

double sided?

and the size?

as much trouble as you are having quoting the job it's worse for us to be able to help you because you gave us no info/specs

RichLyons

Sorry guys, I guess I shouldn't have posted when I was in a hurry. It's not on a pole. It's mounted on the building. The surface it's mounted to is dryvitt. I would estimate the sign to be about a foot tall and about 16' long, about 12 ' up off the ground. I don't think any rentals would be needed, as I am thinking I can use my scaffold Once removed, I would only fill the holes with silicone. I will take a picture tomorrow. I just spent the last two days taking down all the metal grid wall panels and all 90 feet of double sided wood shelving. I found the grid wall panels online, but can't find the double wood sided shelving units to compare what they are worth. Going to be selling all of the wood shelving and possibly 10 of the 4'x7' grid panels.