• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Shop Lobby Help

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ha.... coming from someone called a swollen member from donkeytown with the word 'HEAD' in his/her name. Like that makes me shiver in my boots. Well, maybe a little. :eek:

Marlene

maybe it's just me but when I log on and look thru thread, I really hate having to wade thru the comedy club bull$hit. I wanted to see ideas for a lobby and what I see is one or two good ideas and a lot of waste of time, notice me posts

Bly

I just come to bask in the butt hurt..

Seriously customers hardly ever come in to our shop.
Mainly couriers.
Don't know what they'd like to see.
Maybe pictures of Buddha, Mohammed and hot cars?

Here are a few of our displays that we have in one area. Nothing fancy, just calendered prints applied to PVC mounted in Walmart poster frames. We have several other display pieces but they are scattered around the shop.

Attachments

• 20170221_144058.jpg
    20170221_144058.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 239

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Are you using 60" sheets for these or cutting against the flutes? We've made some similar triangle signs for our customers but the 48" height limits how big you can go in one piece. For larger ones we just use banner tape and join pieces which works great, but adds an extra step.

We're able to gut them out of 4x8 sheets of coro. Flutes run vertical to the ground when they are set up. This gives them the best strength.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And you thought it was just you....... silly person.

One thing about this thread. The OP said they were never gonna return, but look at their profile..... they've been here recently. Some people are helpful and fun to be around..... and some people just lie.... all the time.

Johnny Best

gnubler, I have that "a**clown" artwork if you need it for your new lobby. That is what that member Marlene, post #23, use to call people on here.

gnubler

I've mentioned before I can take the abuse, it's mostly entertaining.

I'm in the midst of setting up a "lobby" which is what led me to this thread. I'm digging your Azzclown design and think incorporating a monkey might be prudent, but that typo is killing me! How could you?

jochwat

Graphics Department
I really like this idea from above!
727e0757ca589bdb098f81df0ef6f51d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me. It reminds me too much of elementary school classroom walls. All it's missing is the anti-smoking poster with the shriveled up old woman holding a cigarette. And the periodic table. And the paddle <wince>.

gnubler

I like the samples too. I'd use the actual substrates and make some mini-signs rather than printing a bunch of descriptions nobody will read.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think the samples around the office area is a good idea, but I only have photos or printouts hung up on the wall of that stuff. At almost any given time, if someone needs to look at a sample, I can get the stuff out in the shop. If I wanna show off what all we do, I just motion to them and say follow me and I take them on a small tour. They'll see all kindsa signs in progress, finished or maybe 2 or 3 trucks out in the bays being lettered. MAybe they'll see the flatbed working or someone running some LEDs in a channel letter. The old days of seeing 1/2 dozen people hand painting is long gone.

Had a lady in here about 20 or so years ago who wanted some signs. She asked a buncha questions and after a few minutes, she said.... what's that God awful smell ?? Ahh, what smell ?? I don't know, it smells like chemicals. I asked her to follow me and when she walked through the doorway she shrieked and said, Oh my God, it's much worse. I said, well, we're painting some boards out. We had about 20pcs. 4' x 8' being rolled out and evidently the paint odor is what was bothering her. I said ma'am, we're a sign shop.... we paint signs for a living. Well, none of the other shops I was in smelled bad like this. I can't stand this, this is horrible. I quickly said, then they weren't sign shops, just sticker shops who's stuff won't last much more than 4 or 5 years at best..... where ours will last 20 to 25 years. She said, I'm leaving. I can't do business in a place like this.... and left.

Johnny Best

Gino, is that a frozen turd in your shop bathroom that some customer left you from the cold weather that past through.