• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign software without internet

rivertop

I need a cheap cutter to take to trade shows.car shows etc. I purchased one from signwarehouse and its software is cloud based and will only work with internet. They infomed me that all the cutters they sell will only run off LXI Cloud. My 2 cutters i have in my shop run off dongle. I will not use this shareware crap on my PC. Please help I guess i should have learned my lesson 5 years ago when i bought a signwarehouse cutter and it has never ran to this day. What i need for the road doesn't need to be a great cutter but i don't have internet access all the time so shareware wont work

Techman

Corel draw and Cocut.
Ive used it for decades including in mobile situations. Never ever had a problem with it.

Did I mention I hate anything cloud based?

Coppers Lot

You don't say what software you are using in your shop.
in addition to what Techman says you could look at FlexiStarter, its a cut down version and costs about £25 in the UK from any genuine supplier.

OldPaint

COREL to ROLAND..........dont need nothing more............had it in this

Attachments

• shop tk.jpg
    shop tk.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 133

Bullet Bob

you can download Signblazer for free

I need a cheap cutter to take to trade shows.car shows etc. I purchased one from signwarehouse and its software is cloud based and will only work with internet. They infomed me that all the cutters they sell will only run off LXI Cloud. My 2 cutters i have in my shop run off dongle. I will not use this shareware crap on my PC. Please help I guess i should have learned my lesson 5 years ago when i bought a signwarehouse cutter and it has never ran to this day. What i need for the road doesn't need to be a great cutter but i don't have internet access all the time so shareware wont work

You can download Sign Blazer for free it is a fully operating demo version and the creator passed away years ago and it will cut and design.

SignBurst PCs

I am pretty sure that LXI Cloud is not "cloud based". It may need to check in once a week to verify the license, but the software itself isn't cloud based.

You may be able to get a dongle attached to that license if you ask SAi. I am not sure if they will do this or how much it will cost, but just a thought.

You could also upgrade to a more full-featured version of Flexi if you so desire. I can help if you have any other Flexi/LXI questions.

rivertop

I am pretty sure that LXI Cloud is not "cloud based". It may need to check in once a week to verify the license, but the software itself isn't cloud based.

You may be able to get a dongle attached to that license if you ask SAi. I am not sure if they will do this or how much it will cost, but just a thought.

You could also upgrade to a more full-featured version of Flexi if you so desire. I can help if you have any other Flexi/LXI questions.

I appreciate all the input. I have Flexi Starter and Flexi pro the problem is the new cheap machine will only run on LXI. What i do need is a cheap cutter that will work with what i have.
Also anything i design with the LXI Expert can't be opened back at the shop with the other software.

Tony McD

Unless LXI has changed programs...it is Flexi.
Look in your "save as" or "export" menu, there should be an option to save as .fs

Maybe some of the problem is saving the file in a newer version of the program, and the older version can't open it?

MISPRINT

Little late to the game, but my first cutter was a USCutter that came with Sure Cuts Alot Pro 3. It had every cutter I could think of listed as compatible. If you are simply sending files to the program, there is a plugin for Corel Draw and it works, very well. It is also cheap, comparatively speaking.