• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Tools for Corel -anyone use?

LaserImage

Anyone using this program? It seems kinda spendy but it would be nice to be able to use corel to "print" to my vinyl plotter. I don't plan on doing a lot of vinyl, it's primarily for cutting sandcarving masks, but this might even work for that too.

Any feedback?

Thanks,
Gary

geb

I've used it. No complaints, but would probably buy Co-Cut if I had to do over.

George

7oaks

I use it with Corel 10. I mainly cut with it and like it
because the length is limitless.

Drop shadows and other tools work great.. I like the panel tool. Vinyl matches up really close.

Ken

rcook99

I have been using it for about a year now and love it, worth the money. Although I wish it had the roller position shown on the screen like signlab has.

player

I think I heard about a good feature in cocut that it will cut the colors showing, not all the underlying vectors. I think this would have been useful to me when I was doing vinyl.

Maybe someone could confirm this feature.

P

stickygrafix

I use it with Coreldraw x3 and I absolutely love it. I'd never go to anything else! I've used cibercut, signcut x2, signblazer, and flexisign pro and I like this better than all the rest!

Techman

yes, cocut has cut by color feature..Cocut pro is the most understated sign and screen printing software out there..

LaserImage

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

My apologies for not posting sooner, I forgot to turn on the notification and I didn't know anyone had replied.

I only saw 1 negative post - techman said "amature software.. does things you should be able to do yourself.". One of the major things I want to do is print from Corel X3 - I don't see a printer driver for my Ioline I/S 60 so this does that for me. The other thing is the ability to cut colors that are showing - this supposedly can do that but it hasn't worked so far on the demo I downloaded. CoCut Pro supposedly has the same feature but I am not sure.

techman - how can I do these two things in X3? I would rather not buy software to do something I can do without it.

Thanks again!
Gary

J.Nguyen

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

My apologies for not posting sooner, I forgot to turn on the notification and I didn't know anyone had replied.

I only saw 1 negative post - techman said "amature software.. does things you should be able to do yourself.". One of the major things I want to do is print from Corel X3 - I don't see a printer driver for my Ioline I/S 60 so this does that for me. The other thing is the ability to cut colors that are showing - this supposedly can do that but it hasn't worked so far on the demo I downloaded. CoCut Pro supposedly has the same feature but I am not sure.

techman - how can I do these two things in X3? I would rather not buy software to do something I can do without it.

Thanks again!
Gary

Hi,

CorelDRAW X3 can not do that coz it just a Design Layout software. IOLINE does not build driver to use it with Corel. If you use SignTools with X3, SignTools manages that device and it has built-in Postscript drivers for your SmacTrac I/S 60. About Color, you can use "Color Separator" from Productivity Tools of SignTools3.

Regards,
J.Nguyen

dclet

windows hpgl driver. It will work like printer for ALL hpgl, hp/gl2 plotters.....

so you can "print right of corel to plotter"

other options. ~

Winline
Signcutx2

Techman

to cut colors that are showing - this supposedly can do that but it hasn't worked so far on the demo I downloaded. CoCut Pro supposedly has the same feature but I am not sure.

Yes cocut pro can cut via colors. llayers or whatever you wish. Yes.. cocut pro can tprint. It has pjannto rip add on that allows you to print to large printers. Actually its a good basic rip in its own right. Ive tested it and found it worth a second look. You can test all eurocut software for 30 days fully functional to see for yourself.

Like I always post. Corel Draw with cocut pro can do anything any other sign software can do. Now some one will post can it do sequential numbering. YEs you can. there are 3 ways to do it. One is to use a data base file manually, or you can make a VB script very easily, or the other is to use a corel add on. Either way, it can be done.