• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign World 2012- Atlantic City- you going?

Typestries

We will be there exhibiting, stop by and say hi! Booth 328, center of hall towards the back. Giving it another chance. The USSC is a great organization and in the end, in my eyes, and asset to the industry despite the fact that they may not be the best at producing a trade show.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My wife just told me she forgot to get me pre-registered.

Called them and they're already at the show setting up I guess. Does it take long if you wait in line to get registered ??

GB2

Old Member
No Gino, it's no big deal, just costs a little more. I didn't pre-register in time either so for the first time I'll be doing the same thing.

SD&F

I was just up there last month to show our oldest daughter the Boardwalk. We had intended to take her down to see the shore, but the weather was terrible. I am sorry I did not get to show her all the things that I had the pelasure of seeing at one time.
It is history gone. I hope you guys enjoy the BoadwalK, it's always fun.

Joe Diaz

I'll be taking courses every day, and staying at the Sheraton. Hopefully it will be decent. he courses were pretty good the last two years, especially Joe's on corel.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be teaching this year. I never got the call. Andy at USSC was my contact, since he passed away I think I just slipped through the cracks. I would go, but since I'm from Illinois, I can't quite justify making the trip this year if I'm not teaching. Maybe next year though.

CES020

I was just up there last month to show our oldest daughter the Boardwalk. We had intended to take her down to see the shore, but the weather was terrible. I am sorry I did not get to show her all the things that I had the pelasure of seeing at one time.
It is history gone. I hope you guys enjoy the BoadwalK, it's always fun.

I'm not sure where all the damage is. I haven't seen any. I'm not at the boardwalk, but drove down to one section this morning, up above Ballys and it all looked fine to me. Honestly, it looks like business as usual all over the place. The line to check into the hotel was long at 3:00 and there were about 100 people waiting on line for dinner last night at 5:30. I've never seen this many people here.

As a side note, at the convention center , there are FEMA signs up, so I'm guessing all the FEMA people are flooding in here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just decided I'm not going. I've got a head cold and half a sore throat and just don't feel like driving feeling like that..... so you guys & gals will have to break the bar down by yourselves............

Have fun........... and watch out for tan lines this time a year out on the beach....... :Cool 2:

Mosh

When are they going to have one out here in "fly over"? Last one I went to was in St. Louis (7 hour drive) back in 1990. I might have to just set one up myself!!! Mosh SignWorld!!! Omaha has some great facilities, they host NCAA B-Ball, Olympic Trials, and the College World Series.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I was thinking about going tomorrow AM...heard its about 40 min to walk thru the entire place.

CES020

I was thinking about going tomorrow AM...heard its about 40 min to walk thru the entire place.

True. Very small. You couldn't see a HP printer if you wanted to, other than 1 flatbed. No HP latex that I saw. Lots of vendors missing this year. Some great people there, but a small show.

Typestries

Alpha imaging is there with latex. My perception is that being the only one showing a piece at a show can be good for business, especially if there's interest in that piece to begin with. They wouldn't have the presence they have if it's otherwise.

CES020

Great to see you there Rick and to spend time hearing about the damage to your area by Sandy. That's unbelievable. I hope your area comes back strong. I'm sure it'll take time.

Also great to get some insight into different things we do work on together. So thanks for coming to the show. Great information.

Spent some time talking to Kevin with SignVox as well. Went through some of the demo. Looks like a really powerful program with a ton of capability. Very polished product as well. I didn't see anything missing, it seemed to handle things from beginning to end very well. Nice to meet Kevin as well. Hopefully both you guys had good traffic.

I'd say the highlight for me was something I've never experienced much before. I went into the bullpen in the middle of the day and some guy walked up and said "The piece you were just looking at belongs to that guy there" and then started talking and asking us what we were interested in, what we did,etc. Once we told him that, he took us around to people that did those things and they were all super helpful and willing to offer up priceless tips.

That was great.

Did a seminar from Grandpa Dan again, and then one on Color Management. Both were excellent. I think the color management one was fantastic for me. We don't have a printer, so it was just education for me and it was a great education. I did get the feeling that a large number in the class WITH printers got an education as well, even though it was a basic color management class.

So all in all, a good trip. I really hope some of the big players will come back to this show. There used to be 3-5 cars around and people doing wraps, wrap training, etc. This time I didn't see a car. Might have been one there. If so, I missed it. No Oracal, no Avery, no nothing. No R-Tape, none of the people that have been there in the past year after year.

The vendors did seem to be VERY happy to talk to people in detail, which was great and a welcome change from "let me swipe your card" and moving on. I thought the traffic looked good at the show. I saw right many people, I thought. I guess others can tell if that were true or if I just hit it at a spike.

Rick, Kevin- thanks for supporting shows like this. I personally really appreciate it and I know others do as well.