• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignCut X2 or SignBlazer Elements?

daverb

We are buying a Creation PCUT 36" cutter from US Cutter pretty soon to letter our trucks and racecar and was wondering what software I should get with it? You can choose either one. I have done some searching and it seems more people are using SignCut so I think I might go with it but would appreciate some opinions. TIA.

radicalgraphix

i have used both and bot will get you buy for what you are doing...if you go with signcut you will have to have a design program as you can only cut in signcut..in sign blazer you can both design and cut all in the same software!

dpink

Sign Cut X-2 Wooes READ ME!

I dont recommend either product if you are planning on making a purchase of the software. Try CoCut, SignLab (CAD Link), Learn to Plot directly from the program, anything but put money into this product!

I know that you can get either signcut or signblazer from USCutter as part of the cutter package. I went with Signblazer at first, and the import functions were inadequate for my application. After switching to signcut and reasoning with myself that I was paying for a subscription to a software, I thought: if I am paying 33$ for something that normally costs 300$ this would be great (especially if it works..)

Don't get me wrong, free software bundled with the hardware is great. But after the subscription period was up I wish I had invested in something else, or at least researched other options. Now I am stuck with a few unhappy clients, and a piece of software that is nothing more than an icon on the desktop.

After running into snags [tangental lines from objects not appearing in cut preview] I contacted sc x-2 tech support and received NO RESPONSE to my questions, instead a run-around tech support question set (check the cables, check for static, etc), and after getting frustrated and contacting USCutter, Ken Imes was able to give some good advice, (much appreciated, this guy is amazing by the way, he has helped me from the purchase of the product) and I was able to use my cutter going for a few plots, the software started acting up again. After trying to contact tech support at sc x-2 about the problems again and not receiving a response that included anything to do with restoring the defaults, I began to lose hope. oooo what dreary days!

Now some WEEKS after contacting the company, I finally regurgitated my first email and asked again and this is their response:
"If you want to reset your defaults, go to the signcut folder and delete it once deleted reinstall the most current release. You may find it in the download section of our website after logging in to the site using your registered email and license number."

My software still doesn't work, and I have a period of time in which I can still "use" the software before I have to pay them again for the subscription period. I bought a program to help me cut vinyl, and it worked great for a few big jobs, then no jobs, no happy customers, and lots of wasted vinyl.

I hope that someone can learn from my experience with this company.:Oops:

OldPaint

i would stay away from that odd ball cutter. look around for a used ROLAND, SUMMA, GRAPHTEC. also a 36" for what you want to do is OVERKILL. 24"-30" is all you need.
if you go ROLAND....all you need is COREL!!!!
you racin at SPUD SPEEDWAY????? many a nites there....

shaunmorrell

SignBlazer in Administration

I'm not sure if you're aware but ColorChrome First Pty. Ltd. who developed and sold SignBlazer was placed into administration in May 2008 as sadly the sole director of the company passed away in March 2008.

Thanks,