• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignCut X2

Tparkin

yep, I use it for my backup cutter.

Works good for me, but I come from a screen printing background more-so than a sign background. I'm well versed in Corel and SignCut works well from Corel. It's pretty basic and does a good job once you get used to it. I think I paid them $49 for a year...well worth it in comparison to the other "cutter software" out there. All depends on what you need it to do I guess.

dclet

Works well, it has all the bells and whistles of larger full apps...
Good support too. I like the feel of it over cocut...

I did the 3 year thing....

Bogie

If it could just print, and deal with registration marks for contour cutting, it'd be perfect. Unlike some other company's product...

Raulrdz

I use it, never had any problems with it. The only drawback is if you don't buy the dongle version you have to have an internet connection otherwise it restricts the length of your cuts. Well worth the price though.

Techman

I would never subject myself to an application that demands an internet connection. Not on your life for any reason..

I did that once,, and took a beating. Never ever again..

John Butto

SignCut user

Summa D750 / Mac 10.4.10 / Adobe Illus CS2 / keyspan to USB
Never go through internet (never read about doing it that way) and have cut up to 16', works great, just do your layout in Illus send to SignCut and go from there, very easy and straightfoward. Have used it for years without a problem, great software.

Raulrdz

This is straight from the SignCut web site "SignCut-X2 is available in two versions. The SignCut-X2 PE which is the fullversion and works either by subscription (which requires internetaccess on the computer) or by purchasing a dongle.

The SignCut-X2 LE version is a slightly restricted version and does not require internet access."

John Butto

SignCut-X2 PE

This is straight from the SignCut web site "SignCut-X2 is available in two versions. The SignCut-X2 PE which is the fullversion and works either by subscription (which requires internetaccess on the computer) or by purchasing a dongle.
The SignCut-X2 LE version is a slightly restricted version and does not require internet access."

I have the SignCut-X2 PE (full version) and do not go through internet access, you purchase and register through the internet, thats it, you do not need the internet on to operate it, or do I have a dongle.

Raulrdz

The subscription mode needs the internet to verify that your subscription is still valid this is from the FAQ section of the signcut website.

"9. The subscription will survive around two weeks of lost internet connection before entering the test-mode (So you can use the subscription mode when working out of the office). Once the test-mode has entered, you just need to get internet access again and restart the program to reactivate it."

dclet

I have the SignCut-X2 PE (full version) and do not go through internet access, you purchase and register through the internet, thats it, you do not need the internet on to operate it, or do I have a dongle.

ehh so you do not have a dongle and you do not require internet
access? with PE...hmmm