• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab 9.1 Trial / Corel Contour toolbar Question

Tone-Mark Creative

Old-School Sign Man living in the present
Greetings all,
I have downloaded Signlab 9.1 Trial to get up to speed with
a purchased version of Signlab 8 coming shortly so we can rip to a newly acquired Roland CJ-500.
I use CorelDRAW 9 and in the help files Signlab 9 trial states that when installing, Signlab will search for Corel
and will place a contour cut icon/button in Corel Tool bar. I have not found this to be the case.
Is this only because it is the trial version? There is a link to Signlab in Corel that opens up Signlab from within Corel
but not the aforementioned contour cut button in the toolbar, so SL definitely sees Corel.

I do mostly all my graphics manipulation in Corel so this contour cutting feature would be a pretty nice perk.
The one in Signlab is vague, giving an inside/outside capability, but not one or the other. Again,
I'm wondering if this has to do with the trial version. But you'd think they'd want you to see full functionality
for the ten day period. Thanks for any help. FYI: I am going to be converting the CJ-500 over to eco-sol in the next month
but am just trying to do an initial print/ cut test from software. The print/cut test on the machine works fine.

Thanks all. The sign biz savvy group here is awesome!

Randy

WildWestDesigns

Greetings all,
I have downloaded Signlab 9.1 Trial to get up to speed with
a purchased version of Signlab 8 coming shortly so we can rip to a newly acquired Roland CJ-500.
I use CorelDRAW 9 and in the help files Signlab 9 trial states that when installing, Signlab will search for Corel
and will place a contour cut icon/button in Corel Tool bar.

I don't use Signlab so take this for what it's worth, but could it have something to do with your version of Corel as well? It might be searching for that isn't there with the older versions or it's only programmed to search out a certain range of versions (X3 thru x6 etc).

Techman

to use tool bar macros with corel you need VBX installed. I do not remember if corel ver 9 had VBX that is compatible with newer versions of VBX..

Tone-Mark Creative

Probably right...Corel needs upgrade

Software is sometimes like an old shoe. One gets comfortable with navigating while not realizing that other programs have moved forward and will be incompatible. I dropped several hundred to get into Signlab so perhaps its software month here at the shop. Thanks for input.

Randy

Tone-Mark Creative

Eureka!

Signlab places a csc file in application scripts (tools/options/customize/toolbars) so that you can under customize, select the (Accelcon.csc) script and then select/move an icon of your choice over to the toolbar. The contour script will work when clicked. It is just different than the help file in SL signifies, but works great.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Tone-Mark Creative

mouse moves quicker than brain.

This is just an accelerated addition to the built in contour with corel and not an SL plugin. My bad.