• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab on its way @ just $750.00

Techman

I ordered it. It should be here in a few days. $750.00 plus shipping. have to show a scan of a dongle. I have so many it was no challenge.
They through in some goodies..

Tech support seemed to be willing to try new things such as setting up a manual contour cut because Anagraph is older technology.

Maybe just maybe I will see a need to get some new stuff.

However, what I really liked about signlab was the ability to work with CNC routers..

I believe it will get me into a new line of work using printer. cutter and cnc router in combination.

Sidney

very excited

Very excited to see what Sign Lab does with the nodes features!!! Want to see smooth nodes :)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Cool...mine took only six days to get here, and that included the long four-day Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Canada had their Thanksgiving back in October.

I believe it will get me into a new line of work using printer. cutter and cnc router in combination.

Don't forget the ability to output those .dxf files to an abrasive waterjet or (industrial) laser cutter. Due to the cost of those machines, we outsource all our awj and laser cutting.

SignManiac

I already have a lot invested in Corel X6, Onyx rip for the flatbed, ColorRip for the Roland, Aspire and ProfileLab for the Multicam, and CoCut to run the AnaGraph. Is there a valid reason I would benefit from SignLab print & cut?

James Burke

I already have a lot invested in Corel X6, Onyx rip for the flatbed, ColorRip for the Roland, Aspire and ProfileLab for the Multicam, and CoCut to run the AnaGraph. Is there a valid reason I would benefit from SignLab print & cut?

Only you can be the judge of that. Download the free demo version and give it an honest workout.

We run several brands of software and each does certain things better than the others, plus we have the ability to handle various file formats without translation issues.

JB

Techman

Is there a valid reason I would benefit from SignLab print & cut?

What I can see is the entire work flow can be all into one package. For example. A cutout...
Print it, cut it and then cut the substrate with the cnc all from one point. Sometimes when i combine work flows from different packages the dimensions of the parts are not exactly matching. And then exporting from one to another takes a little more work.

I feel i could send the cnc job at the same times as the print and cut job. All three machines running at the same time. This is just one point that looks interesting.

player

What I can see is the entire work flow can be all into one package. For example. A cutout...
Print it, cut it and then cut the substrate with the cnc all from one point. Sometimes when i combine work flows from different packages the dimensions of the parts are not exactly matching. And then exporting from one to another takes a little more work.

I feel i could send the cnc job at the same times as the print and cut job. All three machines running at the same time. This is just one point that looks interesting.

It sounds good in theory but I wish there were users telling us they are happily doing these things...

James Burke

It sounds good in theory but I wish there were users telling us they are happily doing these things...

True, but for $750.00, you could use it for a month and make 5X to 10X your investment (or possibly more) and then turn around and sell the software for double your cost or more (once the special ends) if you don't like it.

For anybody just getting started it's a really good opportunity.

JB

decalit

I don't use a CNC but I do use a cutter and Printer and anytime I need to use my cutter I go back to my LXI that came with my Vinyl Express Cutter. Spent $1100 on signlab a year ago when I got my printer and it is junk. I used signlab about 6 years ago and liked it so I thought the new version would be awesome, but I really cant see any differences from 6 years ago..... I would have sold you mine...

Gene@mpls

Are you saying, Tech- that you can toolpath in Signlab? Thanks Gene

James Burke

Are you saying, Tech- that you can toolpath in Signlab? Thanks Gene

I don't have a router, but I did some preliminary tests by exporting SignLab text to a polyline .dxf file.

The .dxf file opens perfectly in AutoCAD with no issues, so I'm guessing SignLab will work sufficiently for 2-D profile creation.

But as for output, or actually "driving" the router, I can't say for sure.

JB

Techman

get the fully operating 10 day trial.

Look at the second from bottom icon on left.
There is the cnc menu for inline, outline, pocket, online, Vcut, Bevel, drill, drill matrix etc...

under teh cut menu there are options to create toolpaths.

Clicking 3D chisel brings up the preview.. of the job. Sure looks like 3D chisel to me.

Select export and a list of various dfx, and gcode, and other cnc options..

Sure looks like cnc to me. If it is gcode then mach3 can read it.

If it is good dfx then the cnc software can read it.

Get the trial and see.

player

I talked to them yesterday and the guy said you can export but not toolpath... He may have been mistaken though.

d fleming

Great software. Stay away from their tech support. I recently paid for support to add a printer for p/c function. That will never happen again. In my first attempt to post this my pc froze and had to reboot. Never had that happen before their tech started jamming and guessing at my machine. It took him a week of wasting my time to give up and left me fixing so many problems and changes he left behind it's not funny. The freezing up problem is I hope the last quirk I have to track down and fix after this debacle. I have older printers and I am running ver 8 so tech was not familiar with their own older ver of software. Until I upgrade printers I am stuck with older ver and tech. Not in my immed plans. I love signlab software but will not use their tech support again. Not a big fan of paying someone to totally screw up my business.

Techman

I talked to them yesterday and the guy said you can export but not toolpath... He may have been mistaken though.

Do you have the trial?
It says right there in the menu.
CREATE Tool PATH
IT shows in the VIEW menu,, Show tool path.
And it has another ,, show toolpaths only.

klemgraphics

Do you have the trial?
It says right there in the menu.
CREATE Tool PATH
IT shows in the VIEW menu,, Show tool path.
And it has another ,, show toolpaths only.

I may be wrong, but when I looked into it you needed to buy the routing module separate at something like $500. If this includes that module you really did get a steal and I'm going to order another seat.

I've been with Signlab for 15 years and I'd have a hard time learning anything else I think, I do everything in it. Either way it's a steal at $750, I paid $500 to upgrade to 9.1 from 8.0 a couple of years ago.