• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignLab Upgrades • WTF?

mekazilla

When I bought my new dongle license I asked if it was for the latest, which I assumed was 8 at the time. But I don't think the store even knew that 8 was coming out the day my 7 shipped. So it was the latest at the time.

dclet

As far as I know you can't print to a Gerber Edge from Corel

hmm I can see where that might be an issue... :)

Are there any "workspaces" I can download or purchase some where to make this look different?

no, though you can customize it to an certain degree there is no
"workspace" switch like you find in flexi.....

Jackpine

Go with Signlab. It has problems but they do work with their customers that are having problems. I used version 5 for vinyl and CNC routing. It was EngraveLab Pro with 3D. When I had to get a new computer for designing and vinyl it caused a string of software upgrades from controller for the CNC, new "daughter cards" for the CNC computer, a new computer for running the CNC.....ended up around $4,000 just to do what I did with Windows98. Thanks Bill Gates!
So what is a guy to do?
I am flip flopping on going to Flexi 8.5 or Signlab 8.
Problems surely exist with both programs but does a final decision fall in the same preference as the Pepsi vs. Coke conundrum.

Rod

Getting some good feedback

Actually, the feedback we're getting here is appreciated. If there is anyone else, then please describe your situation here, or send me a PM. Definitely state your dongle number in the PM.

For replicator, I was doing some footwork with his info this morning. As I stated the other day, the fellow that would normally help you had a hard drive failure. Marc, you've probably already been contacted at this point.

For Ursta Graphics, I've done footwork and passed your information along.

In Marc's case, I learned that it was a Summer 2007 promotion that allowed him to get a good deal, though I can understand the confusion to think it was on account of impending SignLab 8.

Let me reiterate that waiting to upgrade does not cause the upgrade cost to depreciate. If you are using an older version of SignLab, then upgrading to SignLab 8 will cost more than from SignLab 7.1.

Regards,

Rod at CADlink

nuke

signs since 1999
Signlab 8.0

I just want to add my 2 cents, we just upgraded to 8.0 and it is awsome.
Everytime I have had a problem I've just called and they fix it. Anyone in the graphics business should understand that there are going to be upgrades.
Photoshop once a year, every year a computer needs it. I have tried the rest
and tis seems to be the best version yet, so many new features the vectorize tool and the fluid mask are off the wall.
Thanks for Listening.
NUKE

Replicator

Rod,

Thanks for the replies.

I appreciate your help and it has been of great value to me.

I guess mostly out of shear frustration I was lashing out at Cadlink, when in fact,

I should have just contacted support again and explained that I was still having an issue

with registration, it has been over 4 months that I have had to use Omega for all this type

of work . . . Having recently upgraded to Signlab 7.1

Bottom line, I got a call today from Meltarrus Washington, the western regional sales manager,

and we had a lengthy conversion about upgrading and so on, he then hooked me up with Dian

from tech support who spent a great deal of time with me, and helped me through my reg issues.

I feel bad that I jumped on Signlab so quickly . . . Cadlink truly is a great company, and has some of the

best products in the world, and I guess if you don't ask for help, then you won't get it . . . My Bad !

Replicator

I've heard nothing but good things about SL8 and it's NEW features,

Personally, now that I've got this thing cutting correctly,

I'm probably just gonna go ahead and upgrade again myself . . . !

Newer isn't always better, but Signlab usually adds lots to the upgrades.

Unlike some others (un-named) that just change the way the interface looks

and call that an upgrade !

d fleming

Is this some kind of scam perpetrated by these companies to continually soak you of your hard earned money.

I Paid and upgraded to v7.1 a few months ago and now they want another $500. to upgrade to v8 now.

I was told when I spoke to Cadlink this AM :

We didn't tell you about the upcoming release, because we weren't sure about the exact release date . . . HOGWASH !

That is a blatant dishonest attempt to drain even more of my money, and I'll have none of it . . .

I'll stick to Omega in the future !

Know how ya feel, just upgraded a workstation a couple months ago for a grand.

Replicator

Know how ya feel, just upgraded a workstation a couple months ago for a grand.

Keep in mind d fleming, I was more irate that my program wasn't working correctly for me at the time of my rant.

I have since been in communications with cadlink, and they have addressed my issues positively, so I am thrilled.

They do in my opinion have one of the best porgrams on the market today,

and although none of us like paying to upgrade software, it is one of those

necessary evils we must all live with !

d fleming

Mine's not working properly either at one location. I have two 7.1 dongles. I won't air dirty laundry here but let's just say I'm not happy right now and cadlink isn't being any help at the moment. The software is awesome when it works properly. Not worth a dime if it doesn't.

Rod

Jonathan trying to contact you

Dave, has Jonathan been able to contact you? He's been having trouble catching up with you.

Yes, it is frustrating that the issue hasn't been resolved. As mentioned previously, some of the details hadn't been made clear to Tech Support, which I suspect has perpetuated the situation.

Regards,

Rod at CADlink

d fleming

No contact. Was here Tuesday am as discussed for his call. Didn't get it. At the moment I can't print at all and work is backing up fast. I need a solution. Would like it to be Signlab. Whatever it is needs to be now.

Last edited:

d fleming

:help:.... dave patting his foot impatiently as cadlink continues to leave his business not able to print properly........

d fleming

Back to kickin' tail and takin' names!

Can quit being a p.i.t.a. now, Cadlink has me fixed and I can get back to work as usual. Thanks Rod & Johnathan. I truly didn't want to have to work the shops any other way than with Signlab doing the print/cut work. After over ten years with cadlink products I'm spoiled. I can get back to business as usual and make some cake.:thumb: