• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab VS Illustrator

Vinyldog

To me Signlab seems easier to operate sans training than AI. It may not have all the capability of AI as I don't get into super complicated muli-layered graphics, but to me the bottom line is that SL and Flexi are sign making programs. AI, CDR, Photoshop, etc. have lots of cool features but are not specifically designed for large scale graphics.
I also find that the artwork my customers bring me from those programs always seem to have issues, whereas stuff I export from SL seems to always work with no problems

d fleming

Signlab is my go to program. Been using it since Casmate. That being said I am proficient in Corel, Illy and Photoshop as well. I probably use Corel second most often. Adobe products when I have need. I have used flexi and Anagraph, prefer SL over every thing else.

player

Do you mean the individual tools? I believe that is all you can undock.

Not the tools, but the parameters that control the tools. Like when you click on the test tool, at the top left there are all the parameters like font, size etc. Then when you click on another tool the parameters for that tool are at the top left. I would like the parameters to be floating.

Z SIGNS

Does not matter what program you use.They all do the same thing.
They are just tools to execute your brilliance