Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signmate and Windows XP

Discussion in 'General Software' started by carnie, Apr 14, 2007.

1. carnie

carnie New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Hi all, was wondering if anyone can help, been running signmate express to a roland cx-24 for years on win XP with
    no problems, I upgraded to SP 2 and now production mgr freezes up, Roland told me to uninstall and reinstall, now
    comes the problem trying to reinstall I get thru all the setup screens , pass, language then after that it closes
    itself out, I called Roland and their support sucks, they said its Amaibles problem so I called them and they said
    its Rolands problem they both suck , anybody have any ideas. Thank You

Tags:
  2. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    check your XP firewall. make sure its turned off.

3. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    :Welcome: 2 :signs101:

4. carnie

carnie New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Thanks, I know the XP firewall is off but I have another I'll disable that and try, Thanks

5. carnie

carnie New Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Turned all firewalls and AV off , still same problem

6. myronb

myronb Active Member

Jun 15, 2005
    I ran into a similar problem a couple of years ago when a motherboard died. Bought a new system with XP & it did the same at install as what you are saying. Finally gave up & Bought Flexi.

Good Luck

7. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Is SignMate an Amiable product? Does it use a hardware key? Sounds like an SP2 problem. Had the same problem with Flexi after installing SP2. The solution was installing a new SP2 friendly driver for the dongle. Good luck.

8. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    If the software uses a dongle, then I would guess its a dongle driver update as well !

9. mediaman

mediaman Member

Feb 6, 2007
    SignMate was made for Roland by Scanvec-Amiable. It is not compatable with Windows beyond 2000 (according to my reliable sources).

10. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

techman needs to explain the multitude of problems with SP2.................on my work computer.....IT IS NOT INSTALLED...and i have no problems....it is on the house computer and my laptop. BUT i dont use either of those to plot with!!!!

11. Fairlane500

Fairlane500 New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I've used SignMate PrintCut Pro on a Roland PC60 for years with few problems. First installed on Win95, then Win98 and now Win XP. Got rid of the PC60 and have a new Versacamm. Can still use the SignMate for plotting but lost the great printing abilities.

12. MonsterGraphixNY

MonsterGraphixNY New Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Looking for Signmate Express

HI... i had similar problems, i know this is an old post but hoping someone will see it as i have a bigger problem now. My Signmate express install disc has a bad scratch in it, so when i went to reimage my computer with windows XP (down from 7 because that didnt work) i cannot reinstall Signmate express. I still have my dongle and all paperwork and receipts. I called the original vendor, who i bought it from, everyone, but no one can help me as they no longer support this software. I have searched Ebay and no one is selling it used. Does anyone have a signmate express install disc that they are willing to let me buy a copy of, or send me a digital image file or anything? I dont want to loose all of my .SM files.
    Thanks soo much!