• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 101 Design Off number 2 Entries VOTE HERE

Which One

• Entry 1

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Entry 2

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Entry 4

Votes: 55 34.6%
  • Entry 5

Votes: 79 49.7%
  • Entry 6

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Entry 7

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Entry 8

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DOGraphics

OK here are the entries I received. I only got 8 out of the 10. Vote for your entry number 1 starting on the left and going to the right up to number 8. Thanks for all those that entered. This was to be a fun one that got people to think outside the box. The name of the company B.I.E was set in stone, but what it stood for was then Googled and randomly picked from the google results. If everyone that entered could be nice enough to re email me your S101 Name with your real name. So i can mark them accordingly. Thanks.

Is any of these spelled wrong? :Big Laugh

Flame

Wow, whole variety here... so are we voting off of creativity or designing a logo that'd be used?

Flame

Hope this ain't cheating

I know I entered, but I thought while I sip my cup of coffee here I'll break down what I think of each logo listed.

#1 It looks clean, but almost clinical. No interesting drawings that make you think of a taxidermy business. A bit of an old fashioned flair, it would be easy to use as a logo as everything is contained.

#2 Interesting design, catches your eye but doesn't hold it well. A little busy and lacks contrast in the right areas.

#3 A bit different, looks stretched though, and needs contrast to make it pop. The poor panda... :cool:

#4 Readable for sure, gets the message across quickly, but lacks a bit of creativity. Somewhat simple, and it's BIE, not BEI.

#5 VERY well laid out, it's a great sign layout. Shows well and screams talent, but totally misses the mark. Very hard to use as a logo, and doesn't say BIE.

#6. Very woodsy feel. Would be very attractive to a hunter, just needs some thicker lines. Good job towards a target market.

#7 The poor doggy... lol. Good fonts, funny cartoon, but laid out in a strange way that is not overly attractive, but it does attract attention.

#8 That's just hilarious. Good toon drawing, the name is a bit bland, but it's a good layout. Just struggle using the toon in real life as it's a bit TOO funny.

My $0.02

DRPSignsNGrafix

LOL Next one is for Shovelhead to ref. And I want in on it. Oh i have not voted on these and will not for i know who's is who's

grafixemporium

I cannot believe #5 is in the lead. Whoever designed that has tons of talent... but is certainly misguided. As funny as the S&M dog is, that would never fly in the real world.

So the question is, are we judging real world talent here or the most entertaining and ridiculously funny design?

These are all very good designs, but #4 blows everything else out of the water. This design screams taxidermy and I love the use of the buck sillouette. Great job!

Shovelhead

Wanted to clarify that this is #5

Attachments

• entry 5.jpg
    entry 5.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 125

Pat Whatley

So the question is, are we judging real world talent here or the most entertaining and ridiculously funny design?

Depends on which version on the contest you're actually talking about....but it's just a design contest for fun. No prizes, no entry fees, no strict rules...don't overthink it. :Big Laugh

Flame

Depends on which version on the contest you're actually talking about....but it's just a design contest for fun. No prizes, no entry fees, no strict rules...don't overthink it. :Big Laugh

It's a valid question. Some of these would never fly in the real world. So is this a test of pure creativity, or real world designs that we try to sell everyday?

Doyle

I think it is whichever one appeals to you the most, in any sense..... #5 is one talented dude, and the creativeness of the design is enough to win, whether an actual customer would BUY it or not....