• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs since 1976

Jillbeans

Another PA welcome.
I started in 1985 by hand but didn't go computer until 1998, and I still try to do it by hand as much as possible.
Love....Jill

Signguyno1

:Welcome:Welcome from Massachusetts, the land of the yellow brick road, Massachusetts Turnpike!

I started my carer as a signwriter in 1957, tutored by two old school masters, long before computers, scanners plotters and digital printers. when a customer gave you a picture, logo you had to scale it so as to hand paint it in much larger size on the side of a box truck or the side of a brick building in bulletin color with lettering quills, liners, fitches and cutters!
Those were the good old days, before voltage drops, spikes, lightning hits, surge surpressors and out right power failures and computer crashes. We could work through the week, without many hitches and we always remembered to save our work, in the form of paper patterns!:signs101:

jojo

Thanks!

Hey, thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone! Sounds like there are quite a few of us 'pre-puter' here. I'm looking forward to 'talking' with you all... when I find a couple minutes to spare!
Have a Great Day!
Jo :)

Dave Drane

Welcome fron Down-Under. My wife and I started out together in 1975. I did my trade apprenticeship in '65 - '70 and then worked for my dad. Bought the old Gerber 4A which I still have and often use.