• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs365.com?

ckoziol

Has anyone ever used Signs365.com. Does anyone know if they are still in business? I've been trying to call them but the number is not working, yet their website is still live. The chat on their site works, but nobody responds back. I'm just curious if they are still in business as I need to wrap up a problem I'm having with some full-color coro signs they mailed to a customer of mine. They cut all the signs 1/4" too short and now I don't have a recourse to go to if they're not in business.

Thanks for any input!

Mikeifg

I had the same thing happen to me with them trimming up some stuff they did for me. If your file does not have an outline around it 1/8th of an inch then they will trim it however they want to. It pissed me off because they trimmed into my image and cut part of it off. That's the bad thing about them. They leave everything on the customer even if it's their fault. If you go online and log in and type your message you'll get a response but it may take a while. What you need to do is go to the rate order page and leave a comment there. You'll probably get help quicker that way.

Mike

ionsigns

Contractual Acceptable Margin of Error?

What dimension is 1/4" short and why does that pose a problem?
(a question that a mediator would ask - not trying to be a jerk).

Say it measures 17.75" when the sold size was 18". Is the deficiency COSMETIC or functional? Will the sign fail to promote the message as intended?

In printers terms the amount due for a credit would be the percentage of error in this case - 1.38% unless the contract defined a contractually accepted margin of error or the remedies for such errors in size.

Last edited:

ckoziol

Interestingly enough, I finally did get an answer back...

Please note below the layout box that Standard Layouts are not suitable for frames. This is listed in red on the website. I'm sorry. They are approximately 1/8 inch short due to cutting and the coroplast not being totally square.

Okay, I know there's always going to be "margin for error" but when you have a piece of coroplast, 48" x 96", and you start cutting, I can see getting two pieces miscut on the 18" side, not all 10! They claim that coroplast is not totally square. No it's not, it's rectangular. When I do the math, you can easily cut 10 18" pieces out of 96" and still have some leftover. And for this to happen to 2 sheets, 20 pieces of 18 x 24 total?? The customer paid for 18 x 24 not 17 1/2 x 24. (some are 17 1/2 and some 17 3/4. Either way, it's not fitting right in her frames.

I won't do business again with Signs 365. I don't like the vendors that immediately pull the "sorry, it's not our fault" BS. That's the problem with alot of places, nobody gives a damn anymore and makes the customer eat everything, making getting new business hard for the little guys.

Pat Whatley

What do you expect? You went with the cheapest printing company out there and who warned you on their site that the signs wouldn't work for what you wanted to do with them but you ordered them anyway. I'm going to agree with them....it's not their fault. It sucks but that's what you get with FAST & CHEAP.

If you only use them for FAST AND CHEAP signs they're a damn good company to work with.

There are a lot of other wholesale printers that can offer you "perfect" end results but it's going to cost you a lot more and typically take more time. Quality ain't cheap.

TheSnowman

They used to be MM's here if I remember right. They have an amazing ordering system on their website, but the bad part is...they basically will sell to anyone, even though they claim they are wholesale only. I use them from time to time because they are a one day ship from me, and I get stuff instantly.

I think that there does seem to be some "errors" that happen, due to how the ordering process is setup, but so far, any mistakes had been on my end because I didn't see the fine print on the website. I once had an item shipped to a customer w/ a receipt in it because they didn't see in the three comments areas that I put "!!!SHIP BLIND!!!" and I missed the little checkbox...that was a horrible incident.

They are sometimes really hard to reach by phone, but I've never had trouble getting answers from the website contact.

ckoziol

Right, that is why it should have nothing to do with the actual size of the signs cut out of it! I ordered 18 x 24 signs, and that's what I should get.

By not square, they mean that all corners are not 90degrees...has nothing to do with the size/shape...

CanuckSigns

What do you expect? You went with the cheapest printing company out there and who warned you on their site that the signs wouldn't work for what you wanted to do with them but you ordered them anyway. I'm going to agree with them....it's not their fault. It sucks but that's what you get with FAST & CHEAP.

If you only use them for FAST AND CHEAP signs they're a damn good company to work with.

There are a lot of other wholesale printers that can offer you "perfect" end results but it's going to cost you a lot more and typically take more time. Quality ain't cheap.

:goodpost:

ckoziol

You must deliver the same quality products to your customers to buy into this mindset that it's okay to do things in an inadiquate manner and refuse to hear any complaints from the customer. It's typical, I find it every day when I sell new people. I hear all the stories of how they got burned by other sign companies that don't give a damn, took their money, didn't deliver or something similar. I retain my customers by doing the right thing.

CanuckSigns

You must deliver the same quality products to your customers to buy into this mindset that it's okay to do things in an inadiquate manner and refuse to hear any complaints from the customer. It's typical, I find it every day when I sell new people. I hear all the stories of how they got burned by other sign companies that don't give a damn, took their money, didn't deliver or something similar. I retain my customers by doing the right thing.

So do I, but I don't go to McDonalds expecting a gourmet meal. you ordered signs from a "bottom of the barrel" company that promotes itself as being cheap and fast and act suprized when they sent you crap.

Also be careful of customers coming to you with stories of how other sign companies didn't treat them properly, we have found that 99% of the time, they were fired by the original sign shop for being more hassle than they are worth, it's a big red flag for me when someone comes in crying about another shiop.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not defending.... nor pointing fingers, but your comeback is just as lame as their excuse.

Generally speaking, we will ask customers if there is a bleed border, need to fit into a frame or any other incidentals to avoid such problems.

When cutting with a saw, there will always be an 1/8" variance, but cutting Cor-X is done with a knife, so there is no loss of material of which I know.

Some Cor-X is so out of square, it's sometimes looses almost 1/2" to 3/4" to square it back up. This is more common with the suppliers who are getting more and more overseas merchandise to cut down on prices. You want cheap, be prepared to lose something somewhere.

We recently had to shear 1/8" off a job and we called and asked first, if it was alright and they said no problem. I hate surprises, but more than surprises.... it's unrealistic customers that top the board.

Letterbox Mike

+1

4x8 sheets of coroplast are rarely 4'x8' and even more rarely (as in ever) perfectly square or straight. If you're ordering a product labeled and sold as yard signs, they're cheap disposable signs to be stuck in a yard with a cheap wire stake. If the size is off 1/4" or 1/2" that's considered acceptable and industry standard, although maybe not always desirable. If you needed signs that go in a frame or signs that needed to be EXACTLY 18"x24", you probably shouldn't have bought cheap yard signs.

ckoziol

:banghead: Same defense of excuses I'm getting.

I thank the honest and level headed people out there that privately gave me great advice and leads for people who do quality work for a reasonable price.:thankyou:

:frustrated:To all the people that want to keep defending lowballers and lowball practices, so be it. But you don't need to be a mathematician to divide 96 by 18 and see that 10 18" pieces can easily be cut out of that. I understand that reading a measuring tape or ruler these days must be a tough assignment, but I seem to be able to do it when I'm cutting coroplast on my end!:iamwithstupid

I'm not defending.... nor pointing fingers, but your comeback is just as lame as their excuse.

Generally speaking, we will ask customers if there is a bleed border, need to fit into a frame or any other incidentals to avoid such problems.

When cutting with a saw, there will always be an 1/8" variance, but cutting Cor-X is done with a knife, so there is no loss of material of which I know.

Some Cor-X is so out of square, it's sometimes looses almost 1/2" to 3/4" to square it back up. This is more common with the suppliers who are getting more and more overseas merchandise to cut down on prices. You want cheap, be prepared to lose something somewhere.

We recently had to shear 1/8" off a job and we called and asked first, if it was alright and they said no problem. I hate surprises, but more than surprises.... it's unrealistic customers that top the board.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Interestingly enough, I finally did get an answer back...

Please note below the layout box that Standard Layouts are not suitable for frames. This is listed in red on the website. I'm sorry. They are approximately 1/8 inch short due to cutting and the coroplast not being totally square.

Okay, I know there's always going to be "margin for error" but when you have a piece of coroplast, 48" x 96", and you start cutting, I can see getting two pieces miscut on the 18" side, not all 10! They claim that coroplast is not totally square. No it's not, it's rectangular. When I do the math, you can easily cut 10 18" pieces out of 96" and still have some leftover. And for this to happen to 2 sheets, 20 pieces of 18 x 24 total?? The customer paid for 18 x 24 not 17 1/2 x 24. (some are 17 1/2 and some 17 3/4. Either way, it's not fitting right in her frames.

I won't do business again with Signs 365. I don't like the vendors that immediately pull the "sorry, it's not our fault" BS. That's the problem with alot of places, nobody gives a damn anymore and makes the customer eat everything, making getting new business hard for the little guys.

I didn't see this the first time around. :covereyes:

Who in their right mind buys real estate frames and puts Cor-X in them ?? Those things are for aluminum or duron panels, not Cor-X. That's why they make step stakes for God's sake.

You need to learn your trade a little better there, ckoz. If you're trying to grow your business by supplying customers with brokered signs that you can't make and then turn the blame onto your suppliers when something goes wrong.... there's a problem with that. Since you knew the frames had to be exact, you need to order the right substrate. Cor-X blows right out of those things if they're for the long-term. If that's the case, they won't last that long, since they're a temporary outdoor material.

ckoziol

:banghead: Again, defending, defending, defending. I was the customer here ordering a product offered at a size of 18" x 24" NOT 17 1/2"! If someone wants to put coro in a real estate frame, that's their right, and if they order something 18" x 24" that is THE SIZE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GET. So you can type till you're blue in the face. Wrong is WRONG. Then again, it's making sense to me why you keep rebutting...same thing I get from my customers and why they don't trust any sign companies. When you do that to them it comes around to bite others! And you're in no position to judge any other sign company than your own as far as what they can and cannot produce. If I'm too busy and choose to farm out some additional work, then that's my business, but again, going back to the mindset of people that are bred to repeat "I do no wrong." "It's not our problem" "Sorry, no refunds". There are no reasoning with companies like that. Okay, for heck sake, and for you to stop trying to defend the lowlifes out there...and to stop trying to shove your idiotic reasoning down my throat...Yes, you're right, you're the bestest sign company in the world and know better than anyone else in the whole wide world. Now did that make you feel better? Good.:thumb:

I didn't see this the first time around.

Who in their right mind buys real estate frames and puts Cor-X in them ?? Those things are for aluminum or duron panels, not Cor-X. That's why they make step stakes for God's sake.

You need to learn your trade a little better there, ckoz. If you're trying to grow your business by supplying customers with brokered signs that you can't make and then turn the blame onto your suppliers when something goes wrong.... there's a problem with that. Since you knew the frames had to be exact, you need to order the right substrate. Cor-X blows right out of those things if they're for the long-term. If that's the case, they won't last that long, since they're a temporary outdoor material.

CanuckSigns

wow...

Gino is right, you ordered the wrong material for the job, even if these came in at exactly 18" x 24" they would blow out of the frames.