• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs365.com?

signmeup

But you don't need to be a mathematician to divide 96 by 18 and see that 10 18" pieces can easily be cut out of that. I understand that reading a measuring tape or ruler these days must be a tough assignment, but I seem to be able to do it when I'm cutting coroplast on my end!:iamwithstupid
96 divided by 18 = 5.333
How are you getting 10?

TheSnowman

Oh yea, I was gonna say, 4' X 8' Sheets of Cor-X are far from square. I assumed that they were once, and ended up cutting like 8 sheets of skewed cor-x just under 4' X 8'. It's taken me like a year to burn them up. You'd think that from the factory they could cut them right...but NOPE, they're bigger than 4' X 8' so that if you actually need a 4' X 8' you have to cut a straight line, and then measure off of that, and cut your other cut.

jiarby

coroplast sucks
I have received lots of badly cut sheets from a local supplier that i hate. (cough wholesalebanners.com in phoenix sucks cough)
They even had footprints on the back@!

ckoziol

48 x 96 and I need 18 x 24's? do the math. Geez

And one better, you are correct! 5.33 that means that there is LEFTOVER, so if you take 1/2" off each of the 18" signs, shouldn't it bother someone that there is huge chunk of coro leftover after the job is cut up?

96 divided by 18 = 5.333
How are you getting 10?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I ruffled your feathers ckoz.

Your busy busy day must have you on edge since you got some signs in wrong and can't do a thing about it.

I'm turning blue right now, :blueboy:....... but I still want to set something straight with you.

I'm sorry, I have no right to judge you. You are 100% correct.

You've done everything by the book and you've still been mistreated, not only by your wholesaler, but by me and many others here.

Next time, at least me.... I won't be so hard to judge someone that says.... If someone wants to put coro in a real estate frame, that's their right, to me, you're being silly. You either blame your customer for ordering without your educating them on what would be a professional position to take.... or you blame the wholesaler which explains it to you ahead of time and you still go ahead and order something wrong.

You see ckoz.... I'm not defending your wholesaler, but pointing out where you already had the opportunity to see you were wrong in the first place, but are pleading ignorance should win out. There's no winning with someone such as yourself. I'm glad for your sake that your company of 1 to 4 is so busy, that you have to farm this stuff out....... but as you can see, more agree that this is your fault than not, which is sad when someone can't read the Black and White and still get it wrong... even when it's been explained.

I guess you bitch at the lumber yard guy every time you buy a 2" x 4" or a 4" x 6" post and it's about 20% smaller than the measurements indicate. How do you handle such mindless acts of deceit and pure scandal ??

mark in tx

I can understand your train of thought that you think you should get exact dimensions, I really do, but cutting perfect 18x24 in coro is very hard to do, I can pull out pre-cut pieces of coro, and there is a variation in every one. Every single one. And those are coming from the factory with giant cutting presses that cut many sheets at one time.

Personally, I don't think you are upset with the right people in this situation.

If someone wants to put coro in a real estate frame, that's their right,

And your responsibility to inform them that coro is not the best choice, inform them of the shortcomings and lower their expectations accordingly.

Don't blame others because you sold the lowball option and it didn't turn out all puppies and rainbows.

Pat Whatley

Attachments

• puppies.jpg
    puppies.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 135

mark in tx

Coroplast, puppies, and rainbows.

We should all just use that picture to respond to these kinds of threads.
No words, just the picture.

Make people learn how to use that search function when they try and figure out why they have 15 pictures of coroplast, puppies, and rainbows as responses.

Letterbox Mike

Here's a solution. Order real estate frame clips from Grimco. We actually sell coro faces for slide-in real estate frames all the time to budget-minded realtors (hahaha). We make them aware it's not an ideal substrate and we use 3-4 of the clips around the perimeter, and they stay in quite well, even if the faces are a little undersized. Unless your client has some funky frame, I'd bet my house this would work fine. Grimco's part number is CLIP1 and a bag of 25 is $6.25.

njshorts

Use someone local instead instead... There are plenty of options here in Tampa. I've even got shops that I work with, I print for them and they perform other functions (designs, installs, etc) for me.

Added bonus- if there's an error, your hands around the supplier's neck is a short drive away.

WrapperX

....They claim that coroplast is not totally square. No it's not, it's rectangular. When I do the math, you can easily cut 10 18" pieces out of 96" and still have some leftover. And for this to happen to 2 sheets, 20 pieces of 18 x 24 total?? The customer paid for 18 x 24 not 17 1/2 x 24. (some are 17 1/2 and some 17 3/4. Either way, it's not fitting right in her frames. .

By not square they mean not a 90 degree "SQUARE" Angle - They OBVIOUSLY know a 4'x8' sheet of Coro is a rectangle. So if you take that rectangle and put 4 90 degree edges on it you too will discover that it's not perfect and therefore you can't get 10 pieces out of it.

And besides - they did warn you...regardless of how you feel about it. They warned you - so it's not their fault that you didn't heed their warning....better luck next time!

PromoGuyTy

If I get within a 1/4" on cheapa-- yard signs, I'm thrilled!

(Whether we did 'em in house or had some cheapa-- wholesale outfit do 'em.)

:bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill::bushmill: