• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignVOX - My review

OlsonSigns601

Maybe I'm missing something... First time I've seen a vendor get posted and not have anyone bad mouth them even a little bit.

I'll have to take a look at this and see what all the fuss is about.

As for internet always being up... I'm not concerned. I don't think my internet has ever bee down for more than a couple minutes. If it was down, I guess I would just have to go back to the old way of doing things.

J

john1

How do you manage when internet is down?

My Verizon FIO has been down one day during past year, can not use email along is making me thinking of a back-up internet provider that day. (no smart phone).

Imaging you can not access customer info, print invoice/work order for a day? I guess a 4G pad, cell phone or back-up ISP will help.

To me, That has nothing to do really with SignVOX. I mean yeah it's internet based but your internet cutting out is a ISP issue. I'd switch to a reliable ISP IMO.

J

john1

I'm not sure but i know they have some in India i believe. Give Kevin a call or email and see what he can do for you. Email may be the best as i don't know international rates.

Kevin-shopVOX

wonder if they have agents in South Africa?
No local reps in South Africa. However we do have a few signVOX users in South Africa and about 12 other countries. One of the perks of this gig is getting to meet people all over the world and talk shop. Lots of fun. Let me know if you'd like to learn more about the software.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Hey guys. Been using signvox for about a week now still getting up and running but all and all this is a great product. Kevin has really nailed every aspect of the sign industry. Whether you think you can afford it or not, take the webinar and you'll be giggling like a school girl at how creative it is at making our lives so much easy. I do have a quick question since its the weekend if anyone who uses it is checking this...I had a few smaller items priced at .025 a piece. How do I change the decimal system so it doesn't auto change it to .03? Sorry I'm being impatient. One great feature is that during the work week signvox has a chat feature and I would have a response to this question in less than a minute.

Kevin-shopVOX

Hey guys. Been using signvox for about a week now still getting up and running but all and all this is a great product. Kevin has really nailed every aspect of the sign industry. Whether you think you can afford it or not, take the webinar and you'll be giggling like a school girl at how creative it is at making our lives so much easy. I do have a quick question since its the weekend if anyone who uses it is checking this...I had a few smaller items priced at .025 a piece. How do I change the decimal system so it doesn't auto change it to .03? Sorry I'm being impatient. One great feature is that during the work week signvox has a chat feature and I would have a response to this question in less than a minute.

You can't sell or cost past two decimals which is why it is rounding up or rounding down.

DoubleDown

Here's my two cents. Great looking program but downside for me is that it's run and owned by SignARama. Why does that matter? Well since it's on the cloud and since they are controlling and housing all the data, it's unbelievably simple for them to look at customers you have, orders being placed, pricing for materials, etc and then possibly use it for their own marketing purposes.

Am I saying this is happening, no, not at all but that fact that it can be done very easily is concerning and I would think would be concerning. They can easily see what regions are selling the highest profits of signs and drop a Sign A Rama in that location or let their centers know in certain areas what is not selling so they can promote products other aren't.

Again, not saying it's happening just that it can. If SignVox can show me where in their contract that they do absolutely nothing with our data and have no access to it without our consent, then I would be fine.

sar bossier

Here's my two cents. Great looking program but downside for me is that it's run and owned by SignARama. Why does that matter? Well since it's on the cloud and since they are controlling and housing all the data, it's unbelievably simple for them to look at customers you have, orders being placed, pricing for materials, etc and then possibly use it for their own marketing purposes.

Am I saying this is happening, no, not at all but that fact that it can be done very easily is concerning and I would think would be concerning. They can easily see what regions are selling the highest profits of signs and drop a Sign A Rama in that location or let their centers know in certain areas what is not selling so they can promote products other aren't.

Again, not saying it's happening just that it can. If SignVox can show me where in their contract that they do absolutely nothing with our data and have no access to it without our consent, then I would be fine.

This is not my battle, but I WILL say this: As a Sign*A*Rama owner, SignVOX is NOT, in ANY way, controlled, NOR owned by Sign*A*Rama. The rest of this I will allow the OWNER of SignVOX, Rao, to address.

LarryB

Complete hogwash. Sign A Rama does not own SignVox and I do not see why they would use data that way. Have you ever met or talked to Rao?

SignVOX

Merchant Member

Hi All, I would like to respond to this categorically that Signarama does not have any investment nor any kind of ownership in our company. Period.

Now that said after I did some research, looks like Christian & one of his employees got a webinar from Kevin on Monday.

And today a friend of our's saw this and alerted us.

So first I wanted to give Christian the benefit of doubt and to clarify why he thought we are owned by SignARama. I called his store and when he came on the line I said this is Rao from SignVOX, do you have a minute to talk if not I can call later. He said "No I dont have time" and as I was trying to find out if there is a better time, he hung up.

Christian, if you want to clarify why you claim we are owned by SAR, I will be happy to respond or you can call me at any time at 5105801874 if you want to talk in person.

To all others, you all can be rest assured, that we are 100% independent of Sign*A*Rama. It just happens that we are the preferred vendor for Sign*A*Rama and nothing else. Just like HP is preferred vendor of Sign*A*Rama and Proveer and several others. Just like we sell to each of you we sell to every individual Sign*A*Rama store. So I am curious where this is coming from.

And to give you guys little more insight into how we manage our data, the Independent server farm is separate from the Signarama Servers physically, so your data resides physically on separate boxes than the one for Sign*A*Rama.

Again, all as we have always been there is nothing to hide, please feel free to talk to us and we will be candid and open as always. I hope I have clarified who owns SignVOX and if any one feels like to discuss more about this please feel free to contact me.

You all have a great weekend and see you all at the NBM show in June.

J

john1

Well said. The SignVox guys have always been attentive and informative to anything related to their product.

Hanging up on you? Sounds like a coward to me.

SignVOX FTW (for the win)

HulkSmash

you have no idea what you're talking about.

no offence.