• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signwarehouse Support

Jim Doggett

No offense to Jim... but Sign Warehouse blows in all respects. A simple search is all it takes to determine that and save you a ton of money and headaches.

Hi CVW,

No offense taken. It's the price of admission, when being a larger company. Doing a search for ringing endorsements would also yield thousands of links on Google and elsewhere. The thing is, problems will happen. And in our case, even if the error rate were 1/2 of 1%, we'd have roughly 10 newly-irrate customers, each and every day. And it's nowhere near that degree of SW-hate.

And at times, it's unavoidable. Without going into too much detail, here's an example: we found a great banner material, which is from off-shore; and to keep the price unbeatable, it has to come slow-boat. And it's super popular and thus can be sold out, quickly (before the next containers arrive and clear customs, which is another uncertain delay). So customers get irrate, because their order is delayed, even for weeks. We're thus the bad guys, since our unbeatable deal is out of stock at times. We still have the same banners everyone else does, and are not different than everyone else, at all times. It's because we have a unique offering that is really profitable, albeit not always in-stock, that suddenly we're incompetent schmucks. But okay; we know it's the price of being a behemouth, and quite possibly the largest equipment dealer in the world. And it's no stretch to suggest, that a company neither gets there, nor stays there, for decades, if we are indeed as inept as some might think.

Excuses aside, here's what we do: we have a large customer service department, available 7 days a week. Also support, live and in this country, 7 days a week. And you can rant or rave here, or on our forum, and I'll jump in and do what ever I can to help resolve the issue.

And anyone can, and many thousands do every week (including customers of other companies) go to www.signwarehouse.com/support where you'll find the industry's best and most extensive online knowledgebase, by orders of magnitude.

In short, things happen, even due to royal screw-ups by us. But if you ask, we'll bend over backward to make it right, to the best of our ability. But you got give us a shot.

Fair enough?

Fanaticus

I had a problem just the other day with an order from signwarehouse. We called them and explained the issue and they took care of it well above and beyond our expectations. This was the first issue in 8 years.

CheapVehicleWrap

Jim, thanks for your reply. Since you are the voice of swh, I commend your efforts and suggest you continue pushing forward to increase the firms value to signmakers. It's no secret that many are looking for other options/suppliers/manufacturers. Speaking of "bending over backward", I'm certain you're aware of the 'dukeing' many are taking from 3m www.originalwraps.com and this could be the perfect opportunity for swh to re-shine. Best.

Jim Doggett

Jim, thanks for your reply. Since you are the voice of swh, I commend your efforts and suggest you continue pushing forward to increase the firms value to signmakers. It's no secret that many are looking for other options/suppliers/manufacturers. Speaking of "bending over backward", I'm certain you're aware of the 'dukeing' many are taking from 3m www.originalwraps.com and this could be the perfect opportunity for swh to re-shine. Best.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi CVW,

No offense taken. It's the price of admission, when being a larger company. Doing a search for ringing endorsements would also yield thousands of links on Google and elsewhere. The thing is, problems will happen. And in our case, even if the error rate were 1/2 of 1%, we'd have roughly 10 newly-irrate customers, each and every day. And it's nowhere near that degree of SW-hate.

And at times, it's unavoidable. Without going into too much detail, here's an example: we found a great banner material, which is from off-shore; and to keep the price unbeatable, it has to come slow-boat. And it's super popular and thus can be sold out, quickly (before the next containers arrive and clear customs, which is another uncertain delay). So customers get irrate, because their order is delayed, even for weeks. We're thus the bad guys, since our unbeatable deal is out of stock at times. We still have the same banners everyone else does, and are not different than everyone else, at all times. It's because we have a unique offering that is really profitable, albeit not always in-stock, that suddenly we're incompetent schmucks. But okay; we know it's the price of being a behemouth, and quite possibly the largest equipment dealer in the world. And it's no stretch to suggest, that a company neither gets there, nor stays there, for decades, if we are indeed as inept as some might think.

Excuses aside, here's what we do: we have a large customer service department, available 7 days a week. Also support, live and in this country, 7 days a week. And you can rant or rave here, or on our forum, and I'll jump in and do what ever I can to help resolve the issue.

And anyone can, and many thousands do every week (including customers of other companies) go to www.signwarehouse.com/support where you'll find the industry's best and most extensive online knowledgebase, by orders of magnitude.

In short, things happen, even due to royal screw-ups by us. But if you ask, we'll bend over backward to make it right, to the best of our ability. But you got give us a shot.

Fair enough?

This is a great response in my opinion. When a company is used to dealing with literally 100's or more transactions a day.... how can you not understand things happen ??

Sure, it hurts when it's happening to you, but usually a little patience and the right kind of attitude and you can solve most of your problems quickly.

I recently had a problem with a vendor. They screwed everything up and in turn, my customer was kinda breathing down my neck. I got nowhere speaking to the customer service girl and when I asked to speak to someone higher, they also couldn't satisfy me or my customer. They said they'd call me this past Friday and didn't. I called Monday morning and my answer was, the regional manager was in a meeting, but has heard my request and we will be issuing you a 100% credit for shipping.... $95, and a 50% credit for the two items you purchased.... $231.00. My customer was finally happy and ordered two more. We had just gotten 16 of these a few days earlier and things got botched up on the follow-up two. Some patience and perseverance paid off and all ended happily.

I'm always seeing these posts bashing someone or some company and I wonder how so many things can go wrong with just so few people complaining on this forum ?? Across the country, there's got to be literally 1,000's upon 1,000's of sign shops and I hardly ever hear the complaints I hear at this site..... and we're only a small cross-section of the masses in this industry.

Could it be there are too many people in this industry that don't understand business, how things run and what it takes to make a business really fly ?? Or.... too many people flying by the seat of their pants and constantly panicking because of bad planning ??

I just wonder sometimes............... :rolleyes:

dirttoo

I bought my complete vinyl cutter from Sign Warehouse in 1999. I have never had an issue and will continue to use them when necessary. Jim has helped me in the past also. Thanks Jim.

JLSignsLLC

I will give you countless reasons not to order material from signwarehouse. My life in the sign business would have come along so much better if I ordered from Fellers from the start. If you want you order srewed up and arrive 4 days late.... Order from sign warehouse. Nothing but trouble. Also when you get to that point where Mike Akard has to step in and make things RIGHT!!! Dont count on any help. I wil be glad to explain my situation. Just ask. The only person worth speaking to is Ron Adams. He should be president of the company.

HulkSmash

Hi CVW,

Fair enough?

Great response, but i know companies that are far bigger than you, and do exactly what you do, and don't have the fraction of negative reviews you guys carry. I've told you before you wear your company well.. but I can't order from there unless i have a bottle of Advil on hand.

Jim Doggett

Great response, but i know companies that are far bigger than you, and do exactly what you do, and don't have the fraction of negative reviews you guys carry. I've told you before you wear your company well.. but I can't order from there unless i have a bottle of Advil on hand.

Thank you for the compliment, Coloradosigns. But to my knowledge, there's not another dealer in our industry doing well over 1,000 orders a day from a single facility taking orders online and over the phone. Perhaps there is, but I do know which that would be. Moreover, we have many customers, even some who've been so kind as to wipe some egg off my face by posting here, who have dealt with us for many years, trouble-free.

But obviously that's not been your experience so I respect your decision to shop elsewhere ... and let me make it up to you, by sending you some of the Advil I keep handy, too. :smile:

All my best,