• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silicon Spray on feed in rollers

bob_5793

Hi,

I have managed to get silicon spray onto the upper take in rollers of my Encad 850 (the tiny solid rollers that sit over the rubber feed in rollers below) - it seems to have impregnated itself :(
When printing I get streaks down the print (ie the ink doesn't sit flat on the media where the rollers have touched it), the silicon must be coming off onto the media - I have had this issue ongoing for months now, despite trying to clean it off with Isoprop, just wondered if anyone had experienced this and had worked out as solution.

Thanks

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
Hi,

I have managed to get silicon spray onto the upper take in rollers of my Encad 850 (the tiny solid rollers that sit over the rubber feed in rollers below) - it seems to have impregnated itself :(
When printing I get streaks down the print (ie the ink doesn't sit flat on the media where the rollers have touched it), the silicon must be coming off onto the media - I have had this issue ongoing for months now, despite trying to clean it off with Isoprop, just wondered if anyone had experienced this and had worked out as solution.

Thanks
It may be the bad media..Did you try to print on different material? This happen to me a few time on the same (manufacture) media but different batch

bob_5793

Thanks for the suggestions - funnily I have just bought some of that silicon remover - its an idea !

It is a synthetic Poly-prop media, and it is very sensitive, has to be handled carefully.

The are several of these grip rollers along the width of the printer. most are fine, but some not. And since mistakenly using Silicon spray repeatedly on the carriage slider bar (I should have been using sewing machine oil) - silicon must have worked its way down to the rollers.

bob_5793

Thought I'd update this weird problem.

Have tried the silicon remover on the solid upper guide wheels - but still no joy.
Maybe the silicon has penetrated the rubber rollers underneath, and when the top and bottom set of rollers are in contact they get recontaminated.

I remember on Offset Litho equipement we used to run here, we would use a rubber roller cleaner and reviver - penetrated the rollers deep to clean whenh going from colour to colour, I remember Reflex blue being particularly stubborn - unless well ventilated got you high as a kite, maybe a dosing of that would solve the problem.

At present am simply wetting a cloth with Isoprop and pressing that against rollers whilst pressing feed each time I use it, the problem reoccurs even after a short downtime of just 12 hours - wierd.