• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silly Question ... Spray Bottles

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We do. Probably have 20 of them laying around and 1 or 2 extras in each truck. We try to keep most things in both trucks with an additional amount in the bucket. Bug spray, machete, bungies, clamps, rope, oil, slights, extra shirts, jackets, socks and underwear, toilet paper, revolver, tape(s), squeegees, and the tool bins are mostly full of nuts, bolts, pop rivets and just about everything ya can think of. Oh yeah, Bushmill. One hidden in every compartment.

Toilet paper and spare underwear? Is that what I have to look forward to when I get older?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're not careful, you'll hafta be afraid of my machete. The revolver is only for defense, which you would not qualify for.

Ya knucklehead, some day, maybe you'll have a whole slew of signs to put up and ya make a big loop. You could be out in the middle of nowhere and ya hafta go. Well, once I got beyond 14 years old, I stopped using leaves and stuff to wipe in the woods. As for the underwear, ya only hafta miss once and hit your shorts and you'll be glad ya have the extras in there.

This is no lie, a friend was just telling me how when they were kids, his cousin and he went fishing and he hadda go so he went into the woods and pulled his hooded overalls down. Proceeded his deed and when he flipped the hood up, guess what fell on his head. So, when it's raining or misting and you hafta go, make sure you don't take a dump in your hoodie.​

I think I've seen those before. Thanks, Im going to try them out!

We use SprayMasters for installing tint and paint protection, they're great. Just keep in mind that they put out a lot of per pump, not ideal for some applications. We get our sprayers from an automotive detail supplier, it's a fine mist and holds up really well to alcohol, adhesive remover, etc.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
If you're not careful, you'll hafta be afraid of my machete. The revolver is only for defense, which you would not qualify for.

Ya knucklehead, some day, maybe you'll have a whole slew of signs to put up and ya make a big loop. You could be out in the middle of nowhere and ya hafta go. Well, once I got beyond 14 years old, I stopped using leaves and stuff to wipe in the woods. As for the underwear, ya only hafta miss once and hit your shorts and you'll be glad ya have the extras in there.

This is no lie, a friend was just telling me how when they were kids, his cousin and he went fishing and he hadda go so he went into the woods and pulled his hooded overalls down. Proceeded his deed and when he flipped the hood up, guess what fell on his head. So, when it's raining or misting and you hafta go, make sure you don't take a dump in your hoodie.​

Ugh Gino....Aren't you always complaining about having the "proper equipment" to do the job? Maybe you need a reminder about that too...

13041201114dbb4b2f9b1380.93077132.jpg

untitled

we found these to hold up the best, beenusing the same bottles for about 5 years.
https://www.chemicalguys.com/Dilution_Bottle_and_Heavy_Duty_Sprayer_3_Pack_p/acc138.htm
  • rapid tac
  • rapid remover
  • 99% isopropyl alcohol
and they are still spraying great

I read through all of the replies just to make sure no one else mentioned the chemical guys bottles and the very last one of course it is there.

Anyway, I have been using these bottles and I must have bought these at least 3 years ago. Still working strong without any issues. The big one that always killed bottles was the isopropyl alcohol and these have had no issues with it.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I guess it not a silly question judging from the responses. So #28.

I have spray bottles from a company called Well Worth. I bought them off a Mac tool truck when I was working with Heavy Equipment. I have been out of that business for 13 years and still have a couple of them left that work fine!

Now how about and oddball FREE (sort of free) sprayer. Pick up some Scrubbing Bubbles Daily Shower Cleaner.
The sprayer sprays in a fan about 12" wide. I have begun to clean them out and use them for prepping.
I have no idea on longevity but what the hell, they're basically free!

One other factor that I always consider is the spray itself. Does it come out in clumps and blobs or is it a nice fine mist?

Amazon has some commercial grade sprayers also that people seem to like but rather pricey. $4 - $8 ea. depending on brand.
Bottom line is Cheap and a short life or more expensive commercial grade and a longer life...MAYBE.

ikarasu

Chemical uys are great, they last a long time.

Nozzles are never made great... We have one in our "go bag" that gets banged around and breaks every few months. So we have a dozen or so replacement nozzles for $3-4 we just pop in and it's good to go. The bottles never die, the nozzles just start to get light leaks when there's too much pressure on the bottles.

There's lots of sprayers only with no bottles... I still find chemical guys to be the best, but I'm sure you can find any nozzle on Amazon for a couple bucks ks.

jagsouthern

I buy nothing but ZEP labeled bottles. Much better than any others we have ever used. Available at Lowe’s or Home Depot too.

jagsouthern

ZEP bottles from Lowe’s or Home Depot. Great question too. Yellow and blue tops with much tougher plastic than you get on the cheap ones. Sprays best. Has a better chance of surviving a drop from the table.

gnubler

Bumping this. Was about to start a new thread until I found this one. Good info here, any updates to add since 2018?
I've finally hit a breaking point with junky spray bottles that break after a few months, dripping nozzles, leaking.
I want to update my entire collection with different color spray heads for easy recognition (black for Remover, red for IPA, etc). I make vinyl labels for the bottles.
Has anyone tried these square pressroom bottles? They would nest better in my tool bag.

ScreenPrintingSprayBottle.jpg