Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly Question ... Spray Bottles

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Texas_Signmaker, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I know this may be a lame question, but does anyone recommend a good spray bottle? I've bought several kinds and they all seam to break within a month or two.... some last only a few days. I'm only using them for alcohol, soapy water and windex.

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We get most of them at the dollar store. They break and for a dollar, we get more. We also recycle the ones from Rapid Tac and some other commercial sprayers with whatever in them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Joe House

Joe House Active Member

Feb 5, 2004
    WA
    I've got a couple from the Depot that have lasted me more than a few years - though i don't reach for them as often as some might. And I've got alcohol in one of them, so it holds up to that level of solvent anyway.

4. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I've gotten some good ones at walmart but they break too... No big deal $$ wise but it's getting annoying. Maybe I ought to just keep a bunch of spare bottles on the truck.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    We do. Probably have 20 of them laying around and 1 or 2 extras in each truck. We try to keep most things in both trucks with an additional amount in the bucket. Bug spray, machete, bungies, clamps, rope, oil, slights, extra shirts, jackets, socks and underwear, toilet paper, revolver, tape(s), squeegees, and the tool bins are mostly full of nuts, bolts, pop rivets and just about everything ya can think of. Oh yeah, Bushmill. One hidden in every compartment.

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    If you want one that lasts, go to a janitorial supply store. I've got some that are 15 or more years old and are still working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    Buy them in bulk. We live in a disposable society, nothing is made particularly well anymore.

8. DerbyCitySignGuy

DerbyCitySignGuy Very Active Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Kentucky
    What's the brand? Haven't found any that last more than a few months lately.

9. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

The best ones we've found are in the Wal-Mart garden department.

10. solock

solock Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Easton PA
    • Like Like x 2
  11. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I get them from the dollar store although they are $3.50 but they are pretty good. I have bought 3 or 4 of the type you pump up and get continuous spray from but they always break..great idea though

12. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    ZEP spray bottles seem to last quite some time for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
  14. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    the spray bottles from fellers so far have lasted me the longest. they do still break or leak but i keep a few extra spray handles for emergencies. the bottle itself doesn't break usually its the spray handle. either falls off the ladder or the chemical fouls it up. i would say i usually get at least a year out of one of them except the adhesive remover bottle. those are the ones i am usually replacing. the rapid tac and denatured alcohol not too many issues.

15. AKwrapguy

AKwrapguy Active Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Anchorage, AK
    Not a silly question at all. We use these, I've had one for over 10 years. They are awesome. Great squeeze action, durable and chem resistant. They only time I've seen one fail is when it has fallen and physically broken.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I think I've seen those before. Thanks, Im going to try them out!

• Like Like x 1
  17. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    The grey Spraymaster is all we we use mostly. Good for alcohol, rapid remover, water, etc. Not the best for Rapid Tac, as we prefer a finer misting sprayer. For that we use a couple like this - can be found at Beauty Supply stores.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. JR's

JR's Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2007
    swansea Ma 02777
    I like
    Solo Handheld Sprayer, Polyethylene Tank Material, 1/4 gal., 40 psi Max Sprayer Pressure

Attached Files:

19. Texas_Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I have a Gallon sprayer I use for big jobs but this 1/4 gallon may come in handy. Thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 1
  20. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    I concur with Gino. I buy the small ones from Dollar Tree. I only fill them halfway so they float. If one does sink to the bottom no great loss.