• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silver Mylar reverse on glass

gabagoo

Although it is not technically a vinyl I felt this to be the proper place to post.

Does silver mylar look OK when cut reverse and put on glass? I don't think in the 20+ years in this biz , I have ever done it or can't remember doing it.
I am just not sure how it looks through glass and glue?

Pat Whatley

The problem is the glue. Every squeegee mark shows up as gray instead of silver, anywhere the glue isn't perfectly applied shows up as a tarnish, and with the built in color of the glass you really lose the chrome effect.

Marlene

they make the gold mylar in a reversible material, not sure if they make the silver. if they do, that would work.

gabagoo

Client originally wanted Gold but so far none of my suppliers are carrying double sided gold, and I only need 1 yard of 48"... I sort of dont really care if I do the job or not at this point.

Ok I tell him silver looks like chit through glass reverse.