• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Simple carved sign

SignManiac

Yes Doug I can see why the method you used for that project is a little more difficult being that you have to brace it until it's planted in the ground.

Doug here's one I did using a similar method to yours. Only I sandwiched the tabs between (2) 2"x4"'s and covered with pvc sleeves. Then bolted all the way through the pvc post, into the 2x4's with the tab in the middle. It made for a super strong attachment method. This method was a lot more work however.

Attachments

• jim king post.jpg
    jim king post.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 94

signmeup

I've done similar mounts with a strip of 1" x 1/8" stainless steel instead of the routed piece in the first post.

FS-Keith

so you are just using behr outdoor latex paint? what type of primer? what are you thinning the latex paint with? how long are you letting the basecoat dry before you put your paint mask on? thanks!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Very clean, dig the attachment, looks strong and integrates well to the structure... I likey